Good burner for one pan, or electric FLAT skillet?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spaz

Original poster
Aug 9, 2022
Hey folks..

Been a while, but last summer I realized I was burning allot of propane in my summit weber grill cooking solo. I'm inside now, frying steaks in a cast iron skillet on a electric stove.. But I want to move outside when it warms up and would like to buy either a one/two burner propane setup, or maybe a electric skillet? But seems like all the electric skillet's Ive seen have raised bars to imitate the "grilled" look.. I don't want that, and need a small flat frying surface the size of a T-bone.

Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe george foreman, but it's not flat like a pan..

Thanks!

Reactions: JLeonard
Camp chef offers a 2 burner portable propane stove. I have one probably 20 years old.

Warren
I’ve had that same burner about for as long. We do all of our canning with it outside, no mess in the kitchen.

To the OP, that 2 burner camp chef will work or even a turkey fryer burner. They also make electric hot plates that will run your cast iron skillet as well.

Thanks..

You jarred my memory and remember now I have a Colman two burner camp stove in the attic.. Wonder if I can get a adapter to run my weber grill tank..

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks..

You jarred my memory and remember now I have a Colman two burner camp stove in the attic.. Wonder if I can get a adapter to run my weber grill tank..
Got one of them too. White gas puts out more BTUs, but the tall 1# propane tank fits inside along with the adapter.
Under $20 for the hose to connect an LP tank to 1" threads (CGA 600)

Reactions: HalfSmoked and spaz
Gas One has quite a few single and double burner stoves that use propane or butane or both.

Reactions: spaz
If your Coleman stove is propane, the bulk tank hose adapter is about $15-20. If it is liquid fuel, Coleman no longer makes a propane adapter, but Stansport and Mr. Heater do for about $30, plus you still need the hose. For $30, I think I would pick up a used propane stove from Craigslist, Offerup, or Facebook marketplace.

A induction burner works great, bought 1 from walmart years ago and wore it out, the new 1 I have wont run in increments just large jumps, get 1 that has 5 degree adjustment. It would simmer perfect or 500 degree. bought it to use in the camper but liked it so much the house used it all the time, you have to use induction pots and pans, cast iron works great. Gas can hold a candle to induction,

I have yet to make it into the attic.. But that induction electric stove thing sounds so easy, but they all sound like you might get one season out of them.

Today I need to learn about selling taxable mutual funds, or why I shouldn't use average cost.. fun fun

My first lasted about 10 years the 1 I still have is 6-7 so pretty dependable I will buy another 1 when this 1 dies

Nu wave on Amazon for $100. It’s 10 degree increments I was mistaken thought 5 but 10 it was

I had the $100 one but lust after that 1 lol. that 1 wasn't out when I bought my Gold I think it was.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky