Test run on my home built cold smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking smoker and smoked fish!!! I can send you my address so you can send me some of that great looking fish!

Points for sure!!!

Thanks, I can see if I can ship across border send me your details. What are you interested in cold or hot smoke ? I'm about to do a yellow fin tuna that my friend just brought back from Mexico . It's in brine from yesterday and will start cold smoke shortly. Just finished 15 sockeye salmon , took up three of my six shelves, it would appear that I can get quite a load of fish in one smoke if completely filled. Will inquire about shipping, I have a lot so don't mind giving up the fish, be interested how much the shipping would be ?

I am from Alaska and when i was a kid my grandparents would ship smoked and dried fish to my mom along with all the other "food treats" that we could not get. Things got interesting when one of the boxes was "torn" and the smell of the dried/smoked fish was out. The postman told my mom "I think some thing in the package was spoiled!". We got a good laugh out of that.

I am from Alaska and when i was a kid my grandparents would ship smoked and dried fish to my mom along with all the other "food treats" that we could not get. Things got interesting when one of the boxes was "torn" and the smell of the dried/smoked fish was out. The postman told my mom "I think some thing in the package was spoiled!". We got a good laugh out of that.
I could see that , I had no time today to check as had a bit of trouble with my boat house and all the snow we got recently. I will attach a pic of it. I'm more interested in what the issue would be shipping across boarder , guess I will find out. I know people ship there catch when they come fishing here and take it home, so there shouldn't be an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 23
Wow, what a work of art. That is beautiful, I love the shelves, hinges, light. It all comes together. Not only that, the fish looks great! Fantastic Job!

Hope there was no or very little damage...
Ya it was about 2 inches from my radar dome , antenna was bent over but did not break, got extremely lucky. Back in 1996 we had a huge snow fall and had three feet in one night, which added to the foot that was already there. At the same marina that my boat is in and where that picture is , there where 77 boats that went down due to the boat house over weighted with snow. It pulls the boat down enough to get water through suppers , drain holes etc... I'm glad I was not the first one since back then to loose a boat due to snow. Completed a cold smoke on some yellow fin tuna, turned out great. My friend dropped off some marlin and wahoo , I have never smoked either of these fish, if anybody has any tips would be appreciated, thanks .

Wow, what a work of art. That is beautiful, I love the shelves, hinges, light. It all comes together. Not only that, the fish looks great! Fantastic Job!
Thank you for those nice words. There was some concern when building the racks on how they would perform , but I have to say they are great , have now done five runs through smoker, cold and hot , there is very little stickage , and what did stick came of with a quick brushing , there is way less sticking in these compared to the stainless ones I used in my old smoker . Thanks again for comments, enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky