I need a tire inflator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Okie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
My little air compressor went kaput. I used it as a tire inflator. So now I'm shopping for a tire inflator.

I'm caught between Dewalt and B&D. I have the 20V batteries for both. I really like the cordless idea, its been a PITA to drag an extension cord around to run my air compressor.

There's a $50 diff in price. I'm sure the Dewalt is better built and will keep my tires inflated. But I'm also confident the B&D will top of the air pressure in my car, truck, and boat tires.

IDK which would do it faster, but hey, I got time.

I wonder how long the B&D would go without going kaput. But all my lawn stuff is B&D and its holding up well.

My Dewalt chain saw is great. But $50 is $50 .

Dewalt

Black and Decker

Reactions: JLeonard
Just to give you a point of reference, few years back wife got me some Ryobi 1 stuff for Christmas. I considered it mostly junk. I have Hitachi/Metabo but have been super impressed with the performance of the Ryobi stuff. I have their hand held inflator and although I have compressors and long lines, it's a treat to use the tool instead. I think the playing field is more level than ever and would not sweat the choice. I have since slowly built a collection of unique Ryobi stuff not in the Metabo lone and would be lost without it.

Air bomb will inflate several tires depending on size. No batteries. Just fill at the compressor and have it ready when needed. Have two of them and would not consider a battery operated inflater. Compressor stays on all the time, so it is always full. Just my opinion.

I have the Dewalt inflator, same as you're looking at. And it's worked well for me. But also haven't tried any others, so hard for me to compare.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
I own four of these and they really work well no problems.

Solid unit.

VIAIR 89P-RVS (Class B RVs)​

1716325095903.png

I have the Milwaukee M18 Inflated and it is a really cool tool. I use it A LOT!!
I'm sure that B&D is going to work great for you Okie.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
I have the Makita tire inflator. Works great. Dog loves barking when I use it.

I sold my soul to Makita. Milwaukee, DeWalt, Rigid, Ryobi, we all have to choose a side.........

I have the Makita tire inflator. Works great. Dog loves barking when I use it.

I sold my soul to Makita. Milwaukee, DeWalt, Rigid, Ryobi, we all have to choose a side.........

Yes, the batteries I own really limited me . IDK how I became B&D prominent, it sort've grew organically. I got the Dewalt chain saw because I did not like what B&D offered.

The handheld inflators are interesting, but again, batteries.

I'm sure this will make keeping tires inflated much easier than my old compressor, that meant dragging out an extension cord and then waiting for the tank to fill. And the easier it is, the more likely I will do it.

Reactions: Colin1230
I own four of these and they really work well no problems.

Solid unit.

VIAIR 89P-RVS (Class B RVs)​

View attachment 697242

In some reviews I read, this was the top rated inflator.

Get them leaks fixed instead of filling lol, have a couple cheap plug into the lighter port, it has saved me a time or 3, I carry them in the truck and on the 4 wheeler when out for a long ride.

Reactions: Winterrider
If you're really looking to save a few bucks get the Bauer inflator from Harbor Freight. I've had no issues with it so far.

If you're really looking to save a few bucks get the Bauer inflator from Harbor Freight. I've had no issues with it so far.

Again, batteries limit the choices.

I've heard good things about Bauer tools from Harbor Freight.

Get them leaks fixed instead of filling lol, have a couple cheap plug into the lighter port, it has saved me a time or 3, I carry them in the truck and on the 4 wheeler when out for a long ride.
The 12 v is the way to go IMO. Can plug in to lighter socket or hook to car/marine/ATV battery. Had to change camper tire on the interstate many yrs ago. Idiot me never checked air pressure in spare. When down off the jack, it was damn near flat. The 12v reached from truck to tire on camper. Took about 10 mins, but away we went.
Compressor stays in truck toolbox. Only about $25

Reactions: mike243 and chopsaw
The 12 v is the way to go IMO. Can plug in to lighter socket or hook to car/marine/ATV battery. Had to change camper tire on the interstate many yrs ago. Idiot me never checked air pressure in spare. When down off the jack, it was damn near flat. The 12v reached from truck to tire on camper. Took about 10 mins, but away we went.
Compressor stays in truck toolbox. Only about $25

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky