• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Squirrel gettin' down with a little tongue action....

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

themule69

Epic Pitmaster
Oct 7, 2012

I had a luncheon to cater and won't be home for a bit longer. I've got to make the sides and the sauce. It should come together pretty quickly. I am really looking forward to dinner tonight!
Look "crazy Lady" I was promised some tongue!
biggrin.gif

Happy smoken.

David

pilch

Meat Mopper
Nov 23, 2014
Love the title, I was worried that I had click the wrong site button.

Looks like one delicious dish, haven't had tongue since I was a kid.

Cheers from Down Under

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
May 7, 2010
Well, I finally got it all done. So much fun and soooo delicious! Yes, Rick, I did wash it very well. Even scrubbed it with a brush for a good while. It was on the smoker for 5 hours, then inside to cool and in to the fridge. This is what it looked like when I took it out. I skimmed all the fat off, removed the tongue, strained the sauce and then started the reduction.

The skin came right off without any problems. I let the cold tongue hang out while I reduced the sauce, then it went back in to heat through.

I prepped my veggies. I made some baby carrots that were cooked in the sous vide with a little brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. After they came out I seared them in the CI. I also did very slow cooked onions and mushrooms. The tongue is sitting on top of that.

I also made garlic mashed potatoes that I piped out in to roses, topped with parm and under the broiler.

I love beef and tomatoes so I slow roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic (for the potatoes) for three hours at 225F. I topped the tomatoes with Meyer lemon zest since I found some at the store yesterday.

And here are some plated pics. I cut "leaf" shapes out of cabbage and blanched them in salted water and arranged them around the potatoes to look like roses with leaves. Not quite green enough, but I love potatoes and cabbage together. It was delicious.

What a great meal!!!

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
What a great meal. I love tongue! Thanks for the great view, Squirrel.

points1.png

Disco

dcarch

Smoking Fanatic
Mar 19, 2013
"Squirrel gettin' down with a little tongue action....."

You sure got me licked in the creative titles department. 
77.gif
biggrin.gif

Wow! great tasting dish! Beautiful plating too!

dcarch

Last edited:

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Wow. I gotta get my next one.

Get meal

pilch

Meat Mopper
Nov 23, 2014
You certainly nailed this meal, presentation is 10 out of 10.

Cheers from Down Under

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
What a presentation , everything looked good !

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Thanks for the tutorial Cheryl..... Dave

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
What an Awesome Meal, Cheryl !!!
icon14.gif

Looks awful tasty!!-------------
drool.gif
drool.gif
points.gif

I haven't had bovine tongue for many years!!!  All I can remember is how it was very tender.

Bear

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Damnit Squirrel! Now I remember why I didn't like your posts..... they made me drool all over my keyboard!
drool.gif

That is an awesome looking plate of food, glad to see you haven't missed a step, always enjoy reading your posts!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky