Spice Recommendation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timstalltaletav

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Llewellyn PA aka God's Country
Anyone have a particular brand of smoked paprika that they like? I was getting mine from Pennzy but they're becoming too political so I'm taking my business elsewhere.

I looked on Amazon and there are about 20 different brands, just wondering if one is better than the others.

I always used penzies but I've been out for a while. Funny, the last time I picked some up I was very turned off by divisive political conversations I was overhearing. Probably why I've been out of paprika.....

Anyone have a particular brand of smoked paprika that they like? I was getting mine from Pennzy but they're becoming too political so I'm taking my business elsewhere.

I looked on Amazon and there are about 20 different brands, just wondering if one is better than the others.
 I had a long discussion with Tom and Patty Erd about the Penzy article...   It's the brother that's an A_HOLE...   Patty's brother...  They are not friends, don't speak, and The Spice House is not connected to Penzy's other than name as far as I can tell....

I'm still doing business with Tom and Patty...   great spices... great folks...  

Just thought I'd pass on my experience.....     https://www.thespicehouse.com/pages/about

Last edited:
Reactions: timstalltaletav
I've been buying my Paprika from my local Savory Spice Shop.  They are in most of the larger metro areas, but they also have an online store and their prices are reasonable.   I was very impressed with the quality of their Paprika and other spices.  Plus there was something about local and being able to smell before buying (and they even have little sample jars for most spices or mixes and encourage you to taste them).

Well, I checked their website and they do not have a store in PA.  So for them, it would have to be mail order.  This is the Paprika shelf at my local store, 6 types!!!!!

Last edited:
well here in Canada  i get  spices at a local  supermarket they have a great bulk section the place is called  fortinos.  and we also have these stores called the bulk barn all they sell  is bulk spices and baking and cooking goods they have very nice  paprikas  and very nice grades ground  ground pepper  etc 

I have placed 6+ orders at https://www.myspicesage.com and have been very pleased with the quality and prompt delivery. This week they will deliver ground bay leaves that will be great in some rubs--and hard to find. What got me started with them is the free shipping.  The paprika I ordered was good. I find paprika kinda bland so take my judgment as not from a paprika expert. I am in no way connected to the company other than as a customer.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky