Smoking Cheese for Gifts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
I’m making some gift bags for our neighbors. I will include smoked cheddar, Gouda, jerky, and trail mix. And a nice bottle of champagne. We are blessed with great neighbors!

IMG_2420.jpeg

We were on a trip and picked up some smoked cheese for a picnic. It was so disappointing after smoking our own.

IMG_2421.jpeg

I vacuum pack it. Same with the trail mix.

IMG_2427.jpeg

I put in our jerky, cheese, and spicy pepperoni sticks from the meat market.

IMG_1568.jpeg

So good with a cold beer!

IMG_1847.jpeg

Any homes for sale near you?!? :emoji_laughing:

We smoked some cheese last year and found it to be the same as you, OS, far superior. On the plus side, it's also cheaper in the end.

Looks fantastic from here. Store bought smoked cheese is usually made with liquid smoke. It doesn't even compare to the real thing.

Point for sure
Chris

If anyone is driving by in Oregon, let me know and I’ll load you up!

This last batch of jerky I tried something new. I vacuum bagged it and froze it. I pulled a bag out and it came out great. No difference from fresh! I do use Prague.

If anyone is driving by in Oregon, let me know and I’ll load you up!

This last batch of jerky I tried something new. I vacuum bagged it and froze it. I pulled a bag out and it came out great. No difference from fresh! I do use Prague.
Hey neighbor. I've been looking into doing some smoked cheese for the family and I was wondering what pellets/kind of wood you're using for the smoke?

Hey neighbor. I've been looking into doing some smoked cheese for the family and I was wondering what pellets/kind of wood you're using for the smoke?
I use a mix of apple chips and apple pellets in a smoke tube cold smoking. Try a small batch while you work out the details.

Looks good for sure! Nice having good neighbors to share with and appreciate!

Ryan

Reactions: OldSmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky