Smoked sausage sliders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RyderD2013

Original poster
Sep 7, 2021
These are very easy to make!

Start with Hawaiian rolls and little smoked sausages
0205221143.jpg
0205221154.jpg

Then squish rolls in half with the back of a butter knife
0205221149.jpg

Then you end up with a hot dog bun that you need to cut down the middle.
0205221149a.jpg
0205221152a.jpg

Then stick a sausage down inside of them and make a full pan full of them
0205221156a.jpg

Then brush them with a half stick of melted butter and cook them for 20 minutes covered in 10 minutes uncovered at 350.
0205221211.jpg

All done and ready for toppings!
0205221328.jpg

They were delicious!!!!!!!!!!

They look awesome! This is so going on the to do list!

Ryan

Those look very good nice job

Fan-Tastic idea!!!
I make the bacon wrapped "pig candy" with the Lit'l Smokies, but the hot dog idea looks good. I could see smoking them a little longer, because they are pretty forgiving. Now...., here is the why I like this idea so much.... I have made fatty sliders using smoked chubs served on the same KH rolls forever. Work, pot-luck, football Sundays etc. Adding some boxes of mini-dogs could be over the top.
gjLlLwL.jpg
CVGLYr1.jpg

I LOVE little smokies I use em quartered in my baked beans lol. Wrap em in back em and smoke em. Do the buns separately that sounds awesome though ty for sharing

Cool idea Ryder!! Would make great finger food for a party. I'd probably put more cheese on them though....and maybe some bacon :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: HalfSmoked
OK... ya talked me right into it... gonna make these for a super bowl party...
I'm gonna put more cheese on at the uncovering portion ... Also thinking of mixing some seasoning in the butter ??

BUT ... I'll have to make them up the night before and ready for the wife to throw in the oven... I'll be working till 7 pm (will be late to the party) so she will throw them in the oven about 6:40...

Does anybody see a problem with buttering them up the night before as well ?? Or have her spread it on before going in the oven ??

Ryder.. let me also ask... do the rolls toast up during the last 10 minutes without foil ?? Or should I do a few minutes under the broiler ?? I prefer them to be toasted up pretty good (I think).. LOL

OK RyderD2013 RyderD2013 .. I made these yesterday for a super bowl party ... I gotta tell ya Buddy... they were a BIG hit... "YOUR THE MAN" ...

Some things I will do different next time... I couldn't find lil smokies with cheder cheese in them... So I put some on when I removed the aluminum foil and put back in for 10 minutes.... Next time I will wait till AFTER the 10 minute procedure and then put the cheese on afterwards ....
I'm also gonna make my own lil smokies next time around as well...

So again I thank you for posting these Lil goodies... they were excellent...

Reactions: RyderD2013
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky