Sheep casings?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
JISD, I have tried that and in fact a butcher said to use mineral oil on the horn, I just like lots of water and the casing always slides right off when I stuff. :)
Yep, I spray the horn with a little "Pam" (and also the inside of the stuffer). I run the Syracuse casings under water before sliding them off onto the horn. Unless I'm trying to use too big a tube for the casings, no problem.

Yep, I spray the horn with a little "Pam" (and also the inside of the stuffer). I run the Syracuse casings under water before sliding them off onto the horn. Unless I'm trying to use too big a tube for the casings, no problem.

Ive got food grade silicone spray but I have used the cooking spray as well. I dont like the over spray mess with the cooking spray, the silicone lubricates, but doesnt seem to leave everything greasy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky