Seasoning cast iron question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
5F13BAFB-E09B-4E7B-943A-14C96F03DCDA.jpeg

Oiled for the grill.

That doesn't sound familiar, maybe you should surf around some cast iron collectors' sites. Do you know much about the history of the piece?

Google Google like this?
il_570xN.1227588217_gtcc.jpg

Apparently from Birmingham Stove & Range Co

That doesn't sound familiar, maybe you should surf around some cast iron collectors' sites. Do you know much about the history of the piece?

Google Google like this?
il_570xN.1227588217_gtcc.jpg

Apparently from Birmingham Stove & Range Co

The markings look like that with “Made in the USA.” I’m not familiar with the history of the pan. A few weeks back, I went over to my mother’s house for a visit. I asked if she had any cast iron pans. There were a few in the basement but she was unsure of where they came from.

My internet researching led me to Birmingham Stove and Rage Co...Apparently made in USA was not put on pans until the 60s-70s.

Here’s the pan after 3 rounds of seasoning. I’m going to use it tonight to sear steaks after sous vide.
38062C62-094D-49D0-9109-C689DC982FB8.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky