Prime Rib with Grilled Brussels Sprouts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Single bone prime rib
100_7034.JPG
Used a tip from Foamheart steamed the sprouts
skewered them with apple slice and bacon
100_7033.JPG
Set my kettle up for indirect only had 32 RO Briquettes
100_7035.JPG
Used the gas grill for the sprouts
100_7036.JPG
Prime Rib took 2 an 1/2 hours @ 225°F
cooked to 138°F carry over reached 140°F
100_7039.JPG
bone removed and sliced down the middle
This will be 2 dinners for us.Wife wanted the bone
100_7048.JPG
Her plate
100_7049.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

Great looking meal Richie! That PR looks like it got some good color. The brussel sprouts look good too.

That looks awesome Richie. Sprouts are a favorite around here. My teenager actually gets excited when she finds out they’re on the menu. That plate looks delicious, point!
Lance

Richie....first of all let me pick up my drooling jaw so I can speak....that prime rib is MONEY. That is probably my favorite cut of meat on the planet and you cooked it perfectly !!! Now for those skewers of Brussels, apples and bacon. I'm stealing that as we speak, it's going on the grill this weekend. You nailed it for me brother !!! LIKE, LIKE, LIKE

clapping wildly.gif

I gotta agree with the "Troutman"!!
Looks Perfect Richie!!:)
That had to eat really Good!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Great looking meal Richie! That PR looks like it got some good color. The brussel sprouts look good too.
Joe thanks it a tasty meal,first time doing sprouts like that. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

That looks awesome Richie. Sprouts are a favorite around here. My teenager actually gets excited when she finds out they’re on the menu. That plate looks delicious, point!
Lance
Lance She will go crazy if you make them like this.Thanks for the point I appreciate it
Richie

Nice looking PR! Not huge on sprouts but you made those look wonderful!

Sprouts were never on my plate when I was young,that changed long ago an I even grow them every now an then.
Richie

Richie....first of all let me pick up my drooling jaw so I can speak....that prime rib is MONEY. That is probably my favorite cut of meat on the planet and you cooked it perfectly !!! Now for those skewers of Brussels, apples and bacon. I'm stealing that as we speak, it's going on the grill this weekend. You nailed it for me brother !!! LIKE, LIKE, LIKE

View attachment 366593

troutman Thank You I agree PR or Fillet for us,I seen a post on smoked sprouts an Foamheart put a pic in and how he did it.They will be done again for sure Thanks for the LIKES I appreciate it
Richie

Last edited:
Looks amazing! Ready to smoke my first prime rib!

73 Looking forward to seeing it.You will be doing many more after this.Go easy on the smoke they take smoke real good.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Meat looks perfect . So did you steam the sprouts first then on the grill ?

Another great looking meal Richie, that prime rib looks top-notch.

Point for sure.

Chris

I gotta agree with the "Troutman"!!
Looks Perfect Richie!!:)
That had to eat really Good!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Brother John Thank You super tender an tasty.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Meat looks perfect . So did you steam the sprouts first then on the grill ?
I had to recheck my post LOL
Used a tip from Foamheart steamed the sprouts
skewered them with apple slice and bacon
I like the smaller sprouts but even these were great.
Richie

Another great looking meal Richie, that prime rib looks top-notch.

Point for sure.

Chris
Chris thanks it is a nice piece an cooked perfectly
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it.
Richie

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky