Pit Boss 14"x28" reversible griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DieselTech

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 28, 2024
Kansas
Man oh man!!! I purchased a cast iron griddle from Pit Boss. Holy cow this thing is a beast, was stepping on my walnuts when I went to pick the box up.

The Pit Boss 14x28 reversible griddle tips my bathroom scales at 27lbs. Lmao I might have to hire someone to move it around for me. 😂🤣😂

I'll try & use it in the next couple weeks, so I give my thoughts on cooking with it. I only had complaint, & it was 1 of the handle did not get the casting cleaned up well, & it had a sharp spot. It's fixed now.
1000000167.jpg
1000000168.jpg
1000000169.jpg

Anybody know what pre-seasoned means? Any one got recommendations on seasoning it?

Lol I was going to season it like all cast iron cookware I've bought in the past. I was going to season it with bacon grease.

Anybody see anything wrong with that being its a griddle.

Thanks.

Reactions: flatbroke
Anybody know what pre-seasoned means? Any one got recommendations on seasoning it?

Lol I was going to season it like all cast iron cookware I've bought in the past. I was going to season it with bacon grease.

Anybody see anything wrong with that being its a griddle.

Thanks.
Pre-seasoned means it’s ready to go, no seasoning necessary (in theory). Figure just cook up some bacon and it will be completely good 😉.

Is this designed to go on a pellet smoker or charcoal/gas grill?

Reactions: DieselTech
Pre-seasoned means it’s ready to go, no seasoning necessary (in theory). Figure just cook up some bacon and it will be completely good 😉.

Is this designed to go on a pellet smoker or charcoal/gas grill?
I'm thinking it can be used on multiple type fires from reading Pit Boss website. Pellet, charcoal, open wood fire, gas. But maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah just start using it and it will get better over time just like a CI pan. Yeah I'm sure you could use it on anything that gets it hot. I would even use it on my glass stove top as I have two elements that have a connecting element between them and that would fit right over them.

Reactions: DieselTech
Yeah just start using it and it will get better over time just like a CI pan. Yeah I'm sure you could use it on anything that gets it hot. I would even use it on my glass stove top as I have two elements that have a connecting element between them and that would fit right over them.
Yeah I got lucky & it fits perfect on 2 of my burners on my gas range in my kitchen.

Reactions: flatbroke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky