Pasta & Scallops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
As I said in the Kroger coupon thread, scallops are on sale and are probably my wife's favorite seafood. So off to Kroger to earn a few brownie points...😉

Next was what to do with them. She also loves pasta and after an interweb search or three, I came up with a game plan, so here we go...
  • 2 lbs. sea scallops
  • 1 onion chopped
  • EVOO
  • 1 lb. Linguine
  • 2 large cloves of garlic chopped
  • 3 medium tomatoes chopped
  • 3 Tbs unsalted butter
  • 2 lemons
  • 1 liter box of white wine. I used chardonnay, but I'm sure any would work
Thawed out 2 bags of the scallops, 2 lbs. Laid them out on paper towels to dry...
20240410_164134[1].jpg

There were 22 scallops in 2 lbs., gives some idea of their size.

Some of the other invitees to this party...
20240410_155039[1].jpg

A good drizzle of EVOO in the pan, coat the scallops with cracked black pepper and coarse salt...time to sear them. Couple of minutes on each side on medium high heat and they're done...
20240410_171502[1].jpg

20240410_172403[1].jpg

Meanwhile, I've got the box of linguine boiling. Poured them up at around 5 minutes, don't want them cooked, yet. Put them back in the pot and a good drizzle of EVOO, set aside for now...
20240410_173303[1].jpg

Once all the scallops were seared and set aside, I added 3 TBS of unsalted butter and one chopped onion to the pan. Saute the onion until mostly done...
20240410_173307[1].jpg

Added the chopped tomatoes and garlic and allow to simmer for just a few, it will get thick fairly quickly...
20240410_173804[1].jpg

Next, poured in the box of white wine, taste for salt and pepper, and allow to simmer to combine all and form a sauce. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan...
20240410_173952[1].jpg

Stir in the pasta, place the scallops on top, and allow to cook for just a couple more minutes until the pasta is done and the sauce thickens. Squeeze on the fresh lemon juice...
20240410_174738[1].jpg

Made a salad...
20240410_174856[1].jpg

Give thanks. God is great, God is good...
20240410_180104[1].jpg

Shredded parmesan cheese on the pasta, time to eat...
20240410_180127[1].jpg

Nothing I would do different next time. After 41 years of marriage, still not sure my wife is worth all of this...😍

I'm off to Tennessee in the morning for a fishing trip, catch you guys later next week...

Wow! That looks fantastic!
What did you and your bride think about those scallops? I've seen that brand in Kroger and never tried them but the price is right this week.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Oh yeah Charles. Great meal. I normally wont buy wet scallops but seen some at Kroger few weeks ago for $10 for a pound so went for it. Put frozen in fridge for couple days to thaw and dry. They shrunk quite a bit but tasted OK. I prefer the dry they sell at Sam's but getting pretty pricey.

Looks and sounds fantastic Charles. Both the wife and I love scallops. My only problem is remembering to take the foot off them.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great, hope our weather clears up for you,I'm in the Knoxville area and rain today Thursday and Friday, clear then till end of next week. safe travels.

man thats a great looking meal. Of course after feeding her like that she cant fuss too much about your running off fishing! :emoji_laughing:

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky