Papa Bear’s Day (@ Bear Jr’s Den)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Papa Bear’s Day (@ Bear Jr’s Den)

About 2 weeks prior to Father’s Day, Bear Jr asked Mrs Bear “What’s Dad’s All Time Favorite Meal?”
Mrs Bear answered “It’s probably a tie between Grilled Ribeye & Lobster Tail”.

I didn’t know what we were having when we were invited to Bear Jr’s Den for Dinner, but I knew it would be Awesome, as he always does a Great Job.
So we went there early, and I took my camera along, so you guys could sorta join us for Father’s Day @ Bear Jr’s Den.

He had his BGE going strong, and 4 nice Ribeyes all seasoned up & ready, when we got there, so in the Ribeyes went for a few Smokey minutes on each side, until they were just right.
Then he foiled them for the short wait for the 4 Lobster tails (2 for me) that followed the Steaks on the BGE.

Roasted Red Taters & Corn were the Veggies of the day.

Dessert was Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake, but I was too full at the time, and didn’t get any pics either. Half of it followed us home.

It was another Great Day & an even Greater Meal, even though it rained most of the time, as usual.

Thanks for Stopping by,

Bear

One last brushing before putting the steaks on:
IMG_3669.jpg

Four nice Ribeyes all seasoned up:
IMG_3670.jpg

Good thing these don't take long---Raining all the time nowadays!
IMG_3676.jpg

Another Angle:
IMG_3672.jpg

The big Waterfalls are shut off:
IMG_3671.jpg

Mmmmmm...., Looking Good!!
IMG_3675.jpg

Then the 4 Tails:
IMG_3677.jpg

Flipped over for a couple more minutes:
IMG_3678.jpg

Simple Dinner of Ribeyes, Lobster Tails, Roasted Red Taters & Corn:
IMG_3679.jpg

Diesel finally stopped pushing that food dropping toy with his nose---Nap Time:
IMG_3673.jpg

Tell him great job, That is one of our very Favorite meals

Can't help but to "LIKE" this one

Gary

Makes me both excited about future times with my Son and really miss my Dad.

Cheers to good times! And someone else doing the cooking...haha.

Reactions: chopsaw
looks like jr. treated you to a a+++++ meal, looks great. diesel reminds me of me when i'm done eating.

Great looking ribeyes and lobster! Looks like Jr took good care of you!
Mike

Thank You Mike!!

Bear

I have to say the yard as always beats the food Bear!

Looks good though! Dog sure does look worn out to boot!

Thank You Tom!!
LOL---Diesel was rolling that ball around with his nose for a good 20 minutes.
They fill it with Dry Dog food, and when he rolls the ball, his food drops out of the holes for him to eat. If he lets it go, the Kitties roll it around & steal his food.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Mike!!

Bear

Thank You Tom!!
LOL---Diesel was rolling that ball around with his nose for a good 20 minutes.
They fill it with Dry Dog food, and when he rolls the ball, his food drops out of the holes for him to eat. If he lets it go, the Kitties roll it around & steal his food.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

LOL! I should get one for my dog. I can see the chihuahua trying to use it more then her because he's such a chow hound! And you bet Mr Bear!

Looks great , love the smoked rib eye . I have a treat ball for my cattle dog . She murders that thing . Treats flying every where .

Fine looking meal Bear. That's about as good as it gets!

Thank You!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear! Love a grilled ribeye. Your son has a nice setup with the 3 BGE's

Thank You!!
That black one on the right is actually from a company called something like "River Grill". The guts of it was cheap, but BGE parts fit, so every time something broke, he'd replace it with BGE parts.
The little BGE in the middle is my favorite---"Cute Little Thing".

Bear

Prepping for an early hibernation Bear - That's a marvelous looking spread, and umm lobster. I've never done them on the grill - does it add anything to the taste?

Point for sure
Chris

Makes me both excited about future times with my Son and really miss my Dad.

Cheers to good times! And someone else doing the cooking...haha.

Thank You Norm!!
I know what you mean!

Bear

looks like jr. treated you to a a+++++ meal, looks great. diesel reminds me of me when i'm done eating.

Thank You Jim!!
Yeah, Diesel pushed that ball all around the house for at least a half hour.
Then he crapped out!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky