Oops - i should have thought this one out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muralboy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 17, 2015
Chicagoland
Had some Three Alarm Pepper Cheese and red pepper cheddar cheese sitting in my fridge begging to be smoked.  Decided to use try out my Vortex pellet tray rather than the Big Kahuna.

Removed the drip pan, loaded up the pellets, placed the Vortex on top of the deflector with the cheese position right over top - DUH!  Never thought about the heat coming up from the tray.  Oh well, lesson learned.  At least it wasn't a total loss.

Vortex worked great though.  Pellets burned all the way through.

Sometimes the Burnt Cheese is the tastiest part. Yeah Heat will do that to cheese...
biggrin.gif
...JJ

Looks like it turned out pretty good from here. I like the color on the cheese in the middle.

Al

Sure hope that one in the center tastes as good as it looks.

Love when you can get that kind of crust just on the surface.

Please let us know how it comes out.

Keep on smokin'                      Ed

Sure hope that one in the center tastes as good as it looks.

Love when you can get that kind of crust just on the surface.

Please let us know how it comes out.

Keep on smokin'                      Ed
Normally I rest the smoked cheese for a few weeks but that one I couldn't resist eating right away - turned out good.  Almost like a toasted cheese sandwich

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky