My New Slicer W/Qview And Review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
Chef's Choice model 610.

These are the parts that need to be washed, not too bad.

A nice thickness knob.

On, off, pulse.

Slicing side, nice and smooth operating with no drag.

Front side with vents.

I did some research at Amazon and there were 89 5 star ratings. That is what gave me the idea to try it.
http://www.amazon.com/Choice-610-Pre...AKCOC/ref=cm_c

But then I looked at the HSN site and that is what pushed me over the edge.
http://kitchen-dining.hsn.com/chefs-...63436&ocm=sekw

They offered it for the same price as QVC, but with a regular blade and a serrated one for the same price. Most home slicers come with serrated Blade and I think that is why they wont shave meat.

Anyway, I shaved a Pastrami and two legs of lamb last night 1 shaved and the other 1/4', and a 4 pound beef round tonight for jerky 1/4'.

I never had to force anything to get consistent slices and never had the motor heat up. Not that noisy either. Cleaning takes less than 10 minutes. Only thing is many parts are plastic, but very strong and perform well.

It is compact and light weight and that is what I was looking for. The blade is 7' which is a little small, but for what I want it for it will be just fine. I can always cut a butt in half if need be.

All in all, I am satisfied and would reccomend it, not that I am expert in meat slicers though I had a very expensive one at the restaurant.

Since I have one of their knife sharpeners for many years they do make some quality products.

I tried my best to evaulate this without any bias. It does come with a 30 day satifaction guarantee from HSN.

I give it a 5 star rating. Any questions you can post or pm me.

Good luck.

Glad that one worked out for you Ron.

Glad you like it Ron looks pretty good

Ron, I like yours better, wanna trade????? LOL

I have had mine for some years and it's like brand new!!! Never a problem!
The only thing I wish it had is a tilt carriage and I wish it would slice up to 1 1/2 inches.
I've sliced a lot of stuff and have never been disappointed in the way it slices or it's general performance.
I'm sure you'll be very happy with it and enjoy many slicing journeys...
I would recommend these slicers to anyone!!!

Here's pics of mine, Model 620. (blade and carriage parts are getting washed)

Nice ron..I hope you get good use from it. One day...I will buy a meat slicer. Maybe give us a review from time to time.

Nice looking slicer, Ron. Like you, I've been quite happy with my Chef's Choice sharpener. You should have many years of use from your slicer.

I like how it comes apart easily, and you said it was easy (10min) to clean.

My slicer is mucho olde version, and although mostly steel, none of the parts disassemble, meaning a freakin 30+ minutes to clean up, some areas with a toothbrush!

Its because of that, that I use it rarely.

Looks like a reliable unit.

Looks great Ron! Glad you are happy with it, your gonna love it more and more as you use it too!

Where are all of the sliced goodies? No pics?
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

Good to see your review of this slicer i almost bought it yesterday from hsn but didn't and now they are sold out!! they were down to 79$ too damn!!
it was a 100$ when i looked or i would have bought it for sure for 79$.

Well as they say you snooze you lose. Too bad, I would check again with them.

Sounds like a good deal Ron, glad you like it...

That is a good deal. Good luck with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky