My First Pork Shoulder On The WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chief 7

Original poster
Feb 28, 2024
My third smoke but my first pork shoulder. I put it on the WSM at about 9am and took it off to wrap at about 1pm with a temp of 165. I let it go until it was at 203, and then let it rest for about 2 hours. It was VERY tasty! I set the FireBoard at 250 and it spiked once after I did an apple juice/root beer spritz but it eventually came back down to the 250ish.

Attachments

• IMG_7634.jpeg
    IMG_7634.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7636.jpeg
    IMG_7636.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 24
Nicely done Chief

Point for sure
Chris

My third smoke but my first pork shoulder. I put it on the WSM at about 9am and took it off to wrap at about 1pm with a temp of 165. I let it go until it was at 203, and then let it rest for about 2 hours. It was VERY tasty! I set the FireBoard at 250 and it spiked once after I did an apple juice/root beer spritz but it eventually came back down to the 250ish.
Hi there and welcome! It's lookin good, can't wait to see the next one :D

Reactions: Chief 7
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky