Pork shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masssmoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Decided to do a pork shoulder yesterday. Didn't take a lot of pictures, but it came out pretty well.
I put it on my pellet smoker, it was 8 pounds, took 12 hours with the first hour on the smoke setting and the rest at 250.

Unlike in the past, I didn't wrap or do much of anything, just rubbed it up and put it on.

IMG_2296.jpg

Looks good! I could sure play a magician with a chunk of that!

Ryan

Looks great. One of my favorite things to smoke a lot of and freeze for future meals. Tastes just as good as the day it was smoked

Reactions: jcam222
Nice pork
I usually do my butts in the pooper, but I've changed my ways over the years.
I get the pooper stabilized at 250-275° and put the butt on the rack and use a smoke tube for a few hours. Pork in a pan and take it to stall in the pooper. Foil wrap and move to the oven at 300°. By then enough smoke for me and wrapped, why waste the pellets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky