Mom is allergic to my rubs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrklimek

Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I am newer to smoking.  My dad smoked turned me on to it as I got older.  I like to think that I make the best ribs in the family.  However, I was just recently informed that my mom is allergic to garlic.  I basically use three rubs and all three have garlic in them.  My wife and I just had our first child and our families are coming out to visit.  I want to smoke some ribs but am not sure what to use for my rub.  Any suggestion?  I like to have a little kick to the rub, and the garlic and peppers that I used were great for that. 

jr, morning and welcome to the forum.... Glad you stopped in....  Mom would be out of luck at my place... I put garlic on about everything...  Have you tried different varieties of garlic ???  I grow hardneck varieties that like the northern climes... If you are using store bought, it could be coming from China or Vietnam....  Try some garlic from the farmers markets and look for varieties that have a stem protruding from the top... the stem should be hard like a pencil and almost impossible to break.... Just a thought....  If that fails, treat mom special with her own rub on her portion I guess ???  What is a guy to do ??  Moms are special anyway......   Dave 

jr, morning and welcome to the forum.... Glad you stopped in....  Mom would be out of luck at my place... I put garlic on about everything...  Have you tried different varieties of garlic ???  I grow hardneck varieties that like the northern climes... If you are using store bought, it could be coming from China or Vietnam....  Try some garlic from the farmers markets and look for varieties that have a stem protruding from the top... the stem should be hard like a pencil and almost impossible to break.... Just a thought....  If that fails, treat mom special with her own rub on her portion I guess ???  What is a guy to do ??  Moms are special anyway......   Dave 
2X

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky