Met more of the neighbors yesterday!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
This was the first time I have ever seen a moose. He was right down the street about 1/2 mile from home. Gorgeous animal!
IMG_0476.jpeg

Nice Dave , I remember the first neighbours when you first moved in . The deer.

Moose is my most favorite animal of all time . Especially with a side of mashed and gravy and fried onions. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

Mona would go out of her mine, and try to feed it all the time.

David

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222
Awesome, the population sure is growing slowly but surely. First time I saw em here I caught 3 bulls, right at the continental divide.

Bullwinkle! Thats cool you got wildlife that close.

Jim
He wasclose enough to be concerned for sure!
That would make a lot of sausage.
My buddy is a hunter and got his first moose recently. Best meat I ever ate.
Nice Dave , I remember the first neighbours when you first moved in . The deer.

Moose is my most favorite animal of all time . Especially with a side of mashed and gravy and fried onions. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

Mona would go out of her mine, and try to feed it all the time.

David
Oh yes, I remember that post. Wildlife never gets old. Deer have been around big time this spring. The only animal we haven’t seen yet is a Mtn lion. Sw a bear last fall when he strolled through the yard. Caught a few on the cameras as well.
Awesome, the population sure is growing slowly but surely. First time I saw em here I caught 3 bulls, right at the continental divide.
WOW nice! A height caught two on video near this sighting. Not sure if it was one of those two. Definitely gonna keep a close eye out for a bit.

WOW nice! A height caught two on video near this sighting. Not sure if it was one of those two. Definitely gonna keep a close eye out for a bit.
They are cool to see for sure 2 of those bulls I saw, started knockin racks. They weren't even goin at it to hard and you could hear the echo for a ways on the pass.

Go visit estes park, they hang out in peoples front yards. Play a round at grand lake golf course and will see them there too along with elk. Great vaca spot.

In Minnesota we have a thing with family and friends when leaving at night. "Watch out for deer". Which really means I love you man be careful. Not sure how to phrase that when s freakin moose is involved. 🤣

In Minnesota we have a thing with family and friends when leaving at night. "Watch out for deer". Which really means I love you man be careful. Not sure how to phrase that when s freakin moose is involved. 🤣
The guide I had when I fished Vermillion Bay ON area 10 years ago hit a moose on his motorcycle at highway speed. He was in the hospital for months. He popped pain pills like candy all day.

Last edited:
The guide I had when I fished Vermillion Bay area 10 years ago hit a moose on his motorcycle at highway speed. He was in the hospital for months. He popped pain pills like candy all day.
Even surviving that wreck is a miracle. Not many people hit a moose on a bike and live to tell. Hopefully he put the pills down.

When I lived in Alaska we had a friend hit a moose. Threw it up on top of the car and crushed it down. Broke her neck and eventually killed her

Same partiing message here.
I went thru 50lbs of corn feeding them at the edge of the yard for the grands to watch. Then one would get hit near the end of our driveway every other week or so. Now they have to gather their own food!
Has a motorcyclist killed about a mile from the house when he hit one 2 weeks ago.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky