Leg O’ Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Rolling a leg O lamb for pulled. It’s a small bone in. I injected with a mixture of apple juice, ACV, STPP, woorsy, salt and garlic. Mopping with a mixture of white wine (pinot Gris) lemon juice. Seasoned with Cavender’s Greek, garlic and rosemary.

IMG_2035.jpeg

IMG_2036.jpeg

IMG_2037.jpeg

In just over 2 hours.

Looks like your on the right track Eric. I'll be waiting at the finish line.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW I like how they say semi-boneless. What is there a bunch of bone chips in the meat. A bone is a bone geeze.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
BTW I like how they say semi-boneless. What is there a bunch of bone chips in the meat. A bone is a bone geeze.
Not sure either. The bone runs all the way through to both ends. Maybe they remove the funny bone? Hahaa, oh wait, that would be in the front leg, yeah I got nothing then. Lol

I do a lot of lamb roasts Eric, smoked, on the Ronca spinner, even a couple sous vide. What temp do you take them to that makes the roast pullable? I'd bet it's wonderful. RAY

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I do a lot of lamb roasts Eric, smoked, on the Ronca spinner, even a couple sous vide. What temp do you take them to that makes the roast pullable? I'd bet it's wonderful. RAY
Thank you Ray, I wanted to spin this one real bad but wind gusts are 50mph today so not happening on the roto. Pellet pooper instead because it’s sheltered.

Just like beef I take these to about 200F IT, more of a probe tender than actual IT. I do inject the legs, the shoulders when I can find them don’t need injection but still benefit.

Not sure either. The bone runs all the way through to both ends. Maybe they remove the funny bone? Hahaa, oh wait, that would be in the front leg, yeah I got nothing then. Lol
They remove the aitchbone which is basically the hip bone. Still, it's either got a bone in it or it doesn't...

Nice! My weather altered dinner also, so off we go to pick up not a gorgeous looking leg o' lamb. Damn that looks tasty!!!

Looks pretty darn good. I have to fess up, I've never eaten lamb( that I am aware of ) and my grandfather use to run a little over 100 head with his cattle

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky