Kingfisher smoker owners?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chp

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 30, 2020
Colorado
I recently purchased a used Kingfisher Kountry Kooker. I have cleaned it up and done a few cooks. It seems to work well, but I am wondering if anyone else has one? I’m curious about some of its features and what they are intended for...
6B8F976B-6821-4D60-A7D6-A7AFD8C68B2B.jpeg
39B83C2E-0261-4396-B198-F7169E73DA45.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kruizer
Welcome to SMF!
It looks like a good charcoal grill to me.
Just put the coals on the sides & the meat in the middle for indirect cooking.
Add some wood chunks to the coals for smoke.
Al

I don't know about your smoker but I will say welcome to SMF from Minnesota.
Thank you. I have learned a lot here over the years. I really enjoy all the folks willing to help us beginners.

Welcome to SMF!
It looks like a good charcoal grill to me.
Just put the coals on the sides & the meat in the middle for indirect cooking.
Add some wood chunks to the coals for smoke.
Al
Thanks Al. Your advise brings up one of my specific questions. The fire box is narrower than it needs to be and when I bought the grill, it had two hinges attached to two separate pieces of flat steel. All was rusted up too much to be functional, so I cut it off. However, I can certainly fabricate hinges and get it working if I understood it better. It looks like it was meant to cover the firebox?
DDCC3856-9DB6-4BD7-A4DA-B234C3644374.jpeg

Anyone seen a firebox setup that hinges flat steel to cover the box?

I recently purchased a used Kingfisher Kountry Kooker. I have cleaned it up and done a few cooks. It seems to work well, but I am wondering if anyone else has one? I’m curious about some of its features and what they are intended for...
View attachment 466475View attachment 466482
The other question I have on my new grill is about the parts underneath.
80EC6695-E43B-4131-BBBB-49F30B95B551.jpeg

what is this bracket intended to do? Second question, each leg has an attachment point inside and at the top of the leg. Are these just for hanging brushes etc? Thanks for your help!

Man that whole rig is a mystery to me!
If there is a firebox down in the bottom then I am wondering how you add wood to it & it looks like it’s in the middle of the cooking chamber so you would want to put the meat on the sides.
Never seen anything like that. I think you will have to do some experimenting. I would suggest using chicken thighs, since they are cheap & can take some really large temp swings & still come out good.
Al

Man that whole rig is a mystery to me!
If there is a firebox down in the bottom then I am wondering how you add wood to it & it looks like it’s in the middle of the cooking chamber so you would want to put the meat on the sides.
Never seen anything like that. I think you will have to do some experimenting. I would suggest using chicken thighs, since they are cheap & can take some really large temp swings & still come out good.
Al
I can answer a part of that, the firebox does slide out the side, even has another air vent on the opposite end. It seems like this thing was well made with nice features. I just wish I understood them better.
3DF916D9-4D28-4496-94AB-3BCA9BEBF249.jpeg

I think you will have to do some experimenting. I would suggest using chicken thighs, since they are cheap & can take some really large temp swings & still come out good.
Al
Thanks again. I will stick with chicken while I figure this grill out.

Last edited:
I have one of those it's a propane smoker and grill supposed to have propane test at the bottom that's where the tank holder is on the bottom for

Attachments

• 16626563192171667283298690431752.jpg
    16626563192171667283298690431752.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 23
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky