Keto Starbucks Lemon Loaf knock off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Happy Easter!! Here is the Easter afternoon dessert project. Keto knockoff of Starbucks Lemon Loaf.

Ingredients
• Cake
o 5 Eggs
o 2/3 cup of Swerve granulated (or any Keto sweetener)
o ½ cup butter
o 2 ¼ cup almond flour
o 5 TBSP coconut flour
o 1 TBSP baking powder
o ¼ cup lemon juice
o 2 tsp lemon extract
• Glaze
o 1 cup powdered Swerve
o 2 TBSP lemon juice
o 4 TBSP water
o ½ tsp lemon extract
Mix the eggs, ½ cup melted butter , ¼ cup lemon juice and the extract together. Sift together the rest of the ingredients and then mix it all into a nice batter. You can bake this in a loaf or Bundt pan. I went with a loaf. It’s a good amount of batter so I used one of our larger loaf pans.
Bake at 350F for 15 minutes then lower temp to 325F and bake 45-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out dry. Cool then glaze the cake. Garnish anyway you would like. I hit the top with some lemon zest and garnished with some blackberries and lemons as we have a lot of those right now. I believe I originally jotted this recipe down from icantbelieveitslowcarb.com. I did veer of recipe on the glaze as I wanted something a bit thicker than this yielded and also with a sharper lemon bite. I added extra powdered swerve and extract to get what I was looking for.

This stuff is very moist and has a good lemon kick to it. If you do the keto or diabetic thing I highly recommend this one!! Hell its damn tasty even if you don't!
whole cake 2.jpg
cut cake 1.jpg

lots of light cut cake missing piece.jpg

That's just breathtaking Jeff!! Absolutely gorgeous and I can only imaging how good it tasted. I can almost taste it sitting at my computer :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Searched my old post up and knocked one of these out today. If you love lemon desserts and need low carb / keto / diabetic friendly this is it. For the glaze I actually add at least 2/3 to even a full cup more of the powdered swerve and a total of 1t of the lemon extract. This one wont disappoint

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky