"If They Are Green... Fry Em" ....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
IMG_20240424_171348.jpg

Fried Green Tomatoes that is... We love them and do them every couple of months...

Salt them (draw moisture out) and then cover with paper towels for 30 minutes...
Then dredge in buttermilk and then in seasoned flour (onion, garlic powder and cracked black...)

IMG_20240424_174543.jpg

IMG_20240424_173721.jpg

Got them all fried up ... Put Sweet potatoes in the oven... And then...

Sorry... None of this was smoked (I know) ... But I couldn't stand at the stove and fry the tomatoes and tend to a smoker outside at the same time... SO

IMG_20240424_173734.jpg

And then we end up with this...

IMG_20240424_185506.jpg

IMG_20240424_185806.jpg

Sweet potatoes loaded up with real butter and a sprinkle of light brown sugar...

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
When the meal looks that darn good we let you slide on not running the grill. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: I'd be all over that and looking for seconds!

Jim

Looks great and I bet it tastes better.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks for the likes and the comments y'all....

Tried something a little different this time... I used corn oil instead of canola.... Seemed like the coating on the tomatoes was a little harder... not so much a light crisp/crunch... Don't know if the oil had anything to do with it or not...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky