• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I forgot the buns!

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
I went shopping yesterday and bought a large pack of Nathan's hot dogs but somehow forgot to get buns.

No problem. I also bought a can of cinnamon rolls for breakfast. My brain had a small light bulb moment.

Would this work? I unrolled the cinnamon rolls then reshaped and rolled them around a few of the hot dogs.

One can only made enough for four of them and I saved the sugar glaze for something later.

This was just for fun but it worked out great.

2024_cinnomon_dogs_01.jpg

Without the glaze the rolls were a little sweet but not as much as you would expect. I ate two of them for dinner and did not add any condiments to them since they tasted great.

2024_cinnomon_dogs_02.jpg

I added some super sweet and fresh cantaloupe and white cheese popcorn to the plate to even out the flavors.

It's not the best thing I ever made but it turned out way better than I expected.

Would I do this again? 100% I would. This was great.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
Monte Cristo dog ? I bet those were good . I use the canned biscuit dough from time to time .
I dust the sausage with flour or some starch before wrapping . Keeps it from sliding out when you take a bite .

Great idea , and something new for a change up .

normanaj

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Childhood friends mother did hot dogs that way. A nice little trip down memory lane.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky