Hotdog Buns Plus Ukrainian Easter Bread Doves (Holuby)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Used my sweet bread starter for this bake. Made the dough two days ago. Had no time to form the buns so I actually wrapped up the dough and let it sit outside over night. Next morning it was frozen solid. Brought into the house and stuck it into the oven with the oven light on.
4 hours later it already started to rise again.
Got going to start rolling the dough out to form the hotdog buns and try my hand at making Ukrainian Easter Bread Doves (Holuby) which seems easy but I would guess from my results takes practice LOL
Got 12 very nice and soft hotdog buns from this bake.
Used this non stick bun maker. They come in different sizes and I ordered one size to small for my liking but they did come out nice. Nice part there was no stick at all.

20240301_141835.jpg
20240301_134030.jpg
20240301_084346.jpg
20240301_084342.jpg
20240301_140309.jpg
20240301_140801.jpg
20240301_141842.jpg

LOL
Guess auto correct was not working today, should have been sack not sake :emoji_wink:

Reactions: JLeonard
I like that . I tried to make some for foot long dogs I made . Used to much dough .
Been thinking about one of those pans .

Reactions: JLeonard
I like that . I tried to make some for foot long dogs I made . Used to much dough .
Been thinking about one of those pans .
Ya I like the pan. I will order the 12 inch one next time. The one I got was only for 5 inch buns.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky