Hungarian sausage -Kolbasz.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

checkdude

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 1, 2016
winnipeg. canada
Came across this some time ago and was intrigued. Having extra time now days it was a good time to give it a go. Followed the instructions on Len Poly's site.spice mix and glass of sweet wine. 20200505_101538.jpg
And all mixed up ready to stuff. 20200505_103317.jpg and this always makes me smile 20200505_105538.jpg check out the fancy pricker lol. Smoked the lot yesterday, gave it a rest in paper bag in the fridge overnight. 20200507_090854.jpg 20200507_090953.jpg had to give it a taste since I cut it and it's good,put in 60% sweet and 40% hot paprika so it has a warm finish. Will see what it's like in 2-3 days. Thanks for looking and stay safe.

Came across this some time ago and was intrigued. Having extra time now days it was a good time to give it a go. Followed the instructions on Len Poly's site.spice mix and glass of sweet wine.View attachment 444209
And all mixed up ready to stuff.View attachment 444210 and this always makes me smileView attachment 444211check out the fancy pricker lol. Smoked the lot yesterday, gave it a rest in paper bag in the fridge overnight. View attachment 444213View attachment 444212 had to give it a taste since I cut it and it's good,put in 60% sweet and 40% hot paprika so it has a warm finish. Will see what it's like in 2-3 days. Thanks for looking and stay safe.
Damn. I'd love to try this one day.

I made a batch of Kolbasz maybe 15 years back using Poli's recipe before I had my Pro 100 smoker, I remember the wine being hard to find. Turned out the smoker I had at the time had defective controls and sensors, the casings fatted out and I ended up with nothing but a gooey mess. You did a beautiful job on and links and smoke, Like! RAY

Great work there . I look at Poli's site all the time . Read , and re read ,,, this is one I look at a lot .
Did you hang in single links ?
Nice color and texture .

Great work there . I look at Poli's site all the time . Read , and re read ,,, this is one I look at a lot .
Did you hang in single links ?
Nice color and texture .
Yes to single links. Used hickory for smoke with the famous mailbox mod. One thing I would change would be to double the paprika and add carroway seed. Just because I like the taste.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky