How would you cook this piece?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Phil. I am glad I asked you guys for advice, learnt a lot from it. It had a great flavor. Probably overcooked for most but my missus needs it to be medium :emoji_wink:

Attachments

• IMG_6595.JPG
    IMG_6595.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 32
LooksMighty Tasty from the Den!!
I could handle a slice right now!!
Nice Job, Jabiru!!
Like.

Bear

Cheers Bear, whats your secret with Double cooked Taters mate :) I couldnt get the skin crispy for some reason.

Damn I love this website.

That thing turned out great looking! What fun a mystery roast must be!!

Reactions: Jabiru
Thanks Phil. I am glad I asked you guys for advice, learnt a lot from it. It had a great flavor. Probably overcooked for most but my missus needs it to be medium :emoji_wink:

If you like it a bit more rare you could always cook it that way and finish cooking hers a couple different ways, #1 dunk it in a sauce pan of hot au jus #2 pour HOT au jus on it on the plate... it doesn’t take much au jus or time to go from mid rare to medium if it’s hot

Reactions: Jabiru
Cheers Bear, whats your secret with Double cooked Taters mate :) I couldnt get the skin crispy for some reason.

I’ll give you Mrs Bear’s method, as soon as I get my MacBook Pro back from getting fixed.
I’m temporarily using an IPad, and I can’t figure out how to copy & paste with this POS.
If I forget, remind me in about a week.

Bear

Not meaning to step on Bears potatoes, but for twice baked(or smoked) crispy skinned potatoes. Once you've harvested the meat of the potato out of the skin - just place the potato boats back into the smoker at a higher heat to crisp them up. Once their crisp fill with your mashed potato filling and reheat until warm. Bear may have a different way of doing it but that's how we've been doing it for years.

Chris

Thanks GMC, that was the mistake I made, we loaded them up before I crisped the boats up.

"just place the potato boats back into the smoker at a higher heat to crisp them up. Once their crisp fill with your mashed potato filling and reheat until warm. "

Mrs Bears looked so damn good, reckon we will try again this weekend.

Thanks GMC, that was the mistake I made, we loaded them up before I crisped the boats up.

"just place the potato boats back into the smoker at a higher heat to crisp them up. Once their crisp fill with your mashed potato filling and reheat until warm. "

Mrs Bears looked so damn good, reckon we will try again this weekend.

I still can’t copy & paste until I get my MacBook Pro back, but I believe the main part of getting the skins crispy is like Chris said—-> “Heat the shells up some before packing them with the Guts”.
I’ll give you the rest ASA I can.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky