How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used the name when I joined a forum years ago to learn about a car I'd recently bought. Figured since I was doing basically the same thing (joining a forum to learn about something I'd just bought), I'd just reuse the name. Also, I've lived near the beach all of my life and it's a part of who I am at this point. 

Back in my younger days I was a crew member on a USAC stock car driven by the late Dick Trickle. I had a natural ability to see thing that wete square, parallel, round and perpendicular so my fellow racers named me micrometereye based on the measuring device for measuring things to the .001 of an inch, a micrometer. Thus micrometereye.

Mine was easy, the Boss Lady came up with mine. I'm forever getting into stuff I really should leave alone but I can't help myself.

But I must be doing something right, check out my birthday present I got:

I used the name when I joined a forum years ago to learn about a car I'd recently bought. Figured since I was doing basically the same thing (joining a forum to learn about something I'd just bought), I'd just reuse the name. Also, I've lived near the beach all of my life and it's a part of who I am at this point. 
Hey BB, Nice to see someone else from the same area as you. I too live near the beach but am farm from being a Bunny (or anything else that represents cute, cuz I'm just an old fart). Again, good to see some one from my area.

Hey BB, Nice to see someone else from the same area as you. I too live near the beach but am farm from being a Bunny (or anything else that represents cute, cuz I'm just an old fart). Again, good to see some one from my area.
The name is slightly juvenile. I'm 32 and I came up with it around 21 years old. :D But, nice to see a familiar area! I figured everyone here would be towards the east. You know, where they have tons of actual space. :P

Pretty straightforward. From Canada, Smoke food. 
beercheer.gif

I got my picked my name kind of easy because I was a truck driver for 35 years and ir was my CB handle except for the 'nm' in front of it.

Retired software development project manager/systems engineer. My real calling is the five string banjo and bluegrass. Was able to play professionally for several short intervals during my working years. My avatar is my limited edition "Kenny Ingram #6" by Will Williams; one of three world class banjos I am fortunate to have. Hence my screen name.

Hi all - Newbie to Traeger grills (Just got a Tailgater for home & RVing) not so new to smack's meats but looking for tips ALWAYS!

His is my handle on all the forums I belong to - pretty strait forward - Live in Huntsville, Alabama, and the name's Bob :)

(HSV is the airport code for Huntsville, AL)

I used my HAM RADIO call sign, >>PLEASE do not get ham radio and cb radio mixed up they are NOT the same !
"Ham" Radio obviously Sounds better!!!
drool.gif

LOL Just kidding---I had a couple buddies who were into Ham Radio big time.  (Both gone now).

Bear

I'm a police officer in Utah.  "2" is the designation for the largest city in any county (The county is always 1).  "F" is the designation for the county I work it (Each county gets a letter designation starting from the top of the state on down).  "792" is my police ID number.  This way I can identify myself anywhere in Utah and whoever it is will know which county and city I'm from.  Not too exciting and I was pretty sure there was only one of me here.

I have been an FCC licensed "ham" radio guy for 55 years. I have talked to every country in the world and even the >SPACE STATION and the SPACE shuttle ! Have talked to the U. S and the RUSSIAN guys in space. In 55 years I have a basement packed SOOOO full of radio gear i am out of room !I have ham radio gear going back to the late 40's and a lot of it I built. I did all the radio work on the Navy ships I served on and I used Morse Code at 25 words a minute

Hi everyone I am a newbie here aw this post and figured I would say HI.  I got my screen name as that s the car that I drive.

Last edited:
Nice Vette!!!

My Son has a Black 2008 Vette. Dang things are a lot faster than they were in the 60s.

Welcome to SMF.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky