Hofmann's Going National!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
Last edited:
Great that they will be available for you in Texas because you would have to be Rich or Crazy to spend $93 for them to ship 6 Lbs of Hotdogs to your house!...JJ

Great that they will be available for you in Texas because you would have to be Rich or Crazy to spend $93 for them to ship 6 Lbs of Hotdogs to your house!...JJ
Done that!  And Linda's aunt shipped us a 10 lb bag also she bought from a store!  And their Coneys are great too!  (they call them Snappy's, others call them White hots also).  Dad sold them in bulk in his store since I was born, only hot dog I ever ate until I moved out! 

Dang I hope the quality doesn't change. I wonder if they will be shipping Syracuse made dog's to Texas, or giving up the recipe to a Texas packer to produce locally.
Time will tell.

Last edited:
O   M   G   !!!!

D R O O L  !!!!  

And Jean's Beans Fried Fish and homemade salads!

We loved all those things!

There was a place in Dallas that carried Hofmann's; I wrote them and they said they shipped them 200#  a week consistently, so I would imagine they'd just distribute from their warehouse if they are a national carrier as they sell to chains to carry them; it would be a frozen cartage I am sure.

Sorry Dutch... but Grandma Browns are hard to beat!  Never had them smoked, how are they, DanMcG and Martin?

Last edited:
... but Grandma Browns are hard to beat!  Never had them smoked, how are they, DanMcG and Martin?

I think they're great!
I love Grandma Brown's because they're thick and tasty, I don't care for watery and runny baked beans that some folks make.
They're a must to accompany Cornell chicken and salt potatoes..........or just about anything! :biggrin:

~Martin

Last edited:
They're here...!

Picked up a package of each, German Franks and Snappy Grillers (white hots) at Albertson's right down the street 2 blocks from my house on the way home from therapy class!  They also had NC All Beef and skinless franks too.  Prices on the German, Snappy's and Skinless were on sale, 2/$7.00, All Beef $5.58, all 16 oz. pkgs.  Going to save them for Saturday and do them out on the grill!  Also sent my two boys and my wife at work an email letting them know they're here too!  They were all SUPER Excited!!!  Nothing beats a Hofmann!

218d512b_ScannedImage-16.jpg

Last edited:
Wow they didn't waste any time in getting them on the shelves down there. I know you guys will be in seventh heaven now! That top frank looks a little short, did you get impatient and take a bite ?

Just for conversation, Do ya notice it says made with lamb casings. Hofmanns is the only brand that I've see that says that. anybody got any thoughts on that.

I just checked the Albertson's here in town and they have not arrived here yet 

Well, so much for that plan, grilling them Saturday.... mom got home and said, "Heck YESSS!  Wait on the Cornell Pork Steak, we'll have Hofmann's!!"  I'll just let the pork steak marinade an extra day in the Cornell sauce!  

Each had a German and a Snappy - O M G were they good!  Cook 'em just until the skin browns and cracks!  The Flavor was great on both - just a whole lotta meat flavor, not filler flavor!  The Snappy's are a white hot with a bratwurst flavor - gotta have horseradish with 'em and fried onions!  WOW!

Got to write to them and say a big Texas "THANK YOU!" - I've dreamed of the day we'd get them here to have on a regular basis!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky