Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joep1999

Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
i smoked some sausage the other day and it turned out bitter? This has never happened before. I have a smoke hollow propane smoker. Do I need to clean it and reseason it? I will say that my wood chips did catch fire and had a lot of white smoke billowing from the vent. It has not been cleaned in a year or two. If it needs to be cleaned should I just give it a quick scrap and then run full blast for a bit? I did remove the regulator and put in a needle valve so I can run it at like 600 if I need to.

Thick white smoke = creosote = bitter taste.

^ This

I clean mine with a pressure washer on the bottom from time to time if it gets greasy.

If I have flaky crap in it I’ll hit it with a garden hose or a scraper quick and let it rip.

I actually just took my flame thrower ( weed wand) and burned off the entire inside... it’s dark here now, I’ll reburn it and brush it tomorrow... actually had massive sheets of stuff burning off of the top and inside the chimney.. it was peeling

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky