Gringo Chile Rellenos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good to see you bud! Did you retire yet? Are you still in VA or did you go to CA?
He's still in VA currently... moving to Iowa in roughly three weeks.

Jeff, I have to say... seeing that pic up on the carousel screams... you need to make these!

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222
Thumbs up Jeff.
Nice Mexican stuffed peppers! I never thought of doing that even though I used to make rellenos when I grew a garden. What I found out was...too much work (to make them properly).

I like to make stuffed peppers with the other colors. For some reason regular green peppers stick with me for a couple days!

Mental note made for fall. Too hot to go out of my way to use the oven for now.
My wife makes deconstructed stuffed peppers now and then by dicing the peppers and completely cooking them in the slurry. We're not Keto so rice is in the mix. I favor that hot mess over the stuffed style as it reheats easier for left overs.

Thumbs up Jeff.

My wife makes deconstructed stuffed peppers now and then by dicing the peppers and completely cooking them in the slurry. We're not Keto so rice is in the mix. I favor that hot mess over the stuffed style as it reheats easier for left overs.
That sounds great too. I like doing stuffed pepper soup as well

Looks great, Jeff! My wife actually fixed stuffed peppers last night for supper...
Thanks Charles , good meal I bet! I've always loved stuffed peppers.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I sure can see why you are featured on the spinner! Those are right in our wheelhouse. We love stuffed peppers! 🫑 Guess they will be on the grocery list for sure!
Al

That sounds great too. I like doing stuffed pepper soup as well

Thanks Charles , good meal I bet! I've always loved stuffed peppers.
Jeff, have you done a thread on the stuffed pepper soup? Sounds great when cooler weather comes again!

Ryan

It’s been a long journey that I’ve been planning on posting in a long thread soon. Moved from Virginia to California and back to Virginia last year, now we’re moving to Iowa🫤 Long, strange journey!
you put way too many miles dragging that smoker around, glad to see you are well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky