Gotta Love Farm Auctions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man I have one I don’t remember what I paid for it but it was more than a couple of bucks. I just seen what there asking for them on ebay wow.

38B4B06A-AA54-47E9-880E-522750C42E18.jpeg
Just drug mine out it’s a norvell.sharleigh hardware co. Made in St. Louis mo. Patented in 1897 always thought it was an enterprise.

Here is what I found on sizes when I researched my stuffer. I kind of think my stuffer had the number painted on it but I don't remember.

#5 2 quart, 4 pounds
#25 4 quart, 8 pounds
#31 6 quart, 12 pounds. 7 1/2 inches wide inside the bowl.
#35 8 quart, 15 pounds

The #31 and #35 are the same size and take most of the same parts, the #35 has a taller bowl then the #31.

I have the #31, I guess I never measured the bowl height but I can if you need the info to determine which one you have.

Muddy dogs you say the 6 and 8 quart are 7.5 inch but your link shows 8 1/8” or did I read that wrong"

Muddy dogs you say the 6 and 8 quart are 7.5 inch but your link shows 8 1/8” or did I read that wrong"

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about. Never noticed that I had 7 1/2 inches for inside the bowl measurement but the EBay wiper ring statist 8 1/8 inches so I just pulled out the tape and found that it is 8 1/8 inches wide by 7 inches tall. My Bad. Good catch.

Here it was in action this past weekend. Had some blow-by around the plunger. Enough to probably get one of those plastic discs.
It worked pretty well, cranked a little hard.
IMG_20171209_123746838.jpg
IMG_20171209_183047419.jpg
IMG_20171209_123754713.jpg

Going to post a separate thread about all the sausage we did.
Thanks!

If it cranked hard and spewed a bunch around the plunger your mix needed more water. Also the smaller the stuffing horn the harder it is to crank the handle.

I double p a sheet of Saran Wrap to prevent blow by around the plunger. Make sure you have the correct sized disk? One for lard and fruit is smaller to fit inside the strainer basket. My disk fits very snug all of the way down the cylinder.
Enjoy, first run looks great.

If it cranked hard and spewed a bunch around the plunger your mix needed more water. Also the smaller the stuffing horn the harder it is to crank the handle.

I think a bit more water would have helped, but mostly the hard cranking came from my re - seasoning.
It wasn't perfectly smooth like I hoped and didn't have time to clean it back out.
Thanks!!

I double p a sheet of Saran Wrap to prevent blow by around the plunger. Make sure you have the correct sized disk? One for lard and fruit is smaller to fit inside the strainer basket. My disk fits very snug all of the way down the cylinder.
Enjoy, first run looks great.

Thank You! It fits pretty snug.
No way a strainer basket would fit.

Here’s a No 25 I picked up a a auction about 2 months ago. Going to clean up today an give a coat of lard. Then set next to wood stove. Also got my son a 15 gal kettle. This is first time posting a pic. Couldn’t figure out how to get text with pic. Yea they’re dragging me by the hair kicking & screaming into the 21st century. I’ll get the hang of it. Been wanting to do just didn’t

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky