Flamethrower Sous Vide Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BaxtersBBQ

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 5, 2020
Did my first sous vide flamethrower brisket and WOW. Best brisket I’ve ever had in my life. Seriously. Unbelievably tender and juicy. Can’t even explain the texture. It turned the flat into filet mignon.
2F45D1A5-B646-4BC2-81E1-FE4FDBBDD8D9.jpeg
C604F9E9-6425-47A6-9B4B-D16850E349DA.jpeg
7D304AF6-392F-4A35-8250-C19501EFCDC7.jpeg

Did some takeout containers for friends.

Looks good! I'll assume the flamethrower is the searing method.
You have lucky friends.
Is it possible to substitute the beans with another slice of brisket?
:-)

What does flamethrower have to do with this cook?

John

It’s smoked for 3 hours, then sous vide for 44 hours at 140F then a flamethrower makes the bark/crust. I have videos but it won’t let me attach them so here’s a screenshot.
55593F80-3F6B-4B67-979F-1D06CFEE528B.png

Looks good! I'll assume the flamethrower is the searing method.
You have lucky friends.
Is it possible to substitute the beans with another slice of brisket?
:-)
Cmon I made those beans from scratch! lol

That looks freaking fantastic. Where does one acquire a food flamethrower? Asking for a friend...

Looks great! How was the smoke flavor?

Honestly a little strong. I used pecan with a little hickory. I was afraid I wouldnt be able to taste it, so I hammered it hard with smoke for those first three hours. It didn’t form a smoke ring but vacuum sealing it for the sous vide really locked in the smoke. Also next time I’ll go a little lighter on the rub.
I took a million videos, it won’t let me upload them on here so I’m going to edit them and put them on YouTube then I’ll post the link.

Reactions: Sowsage
It looks real good!
Would you mind posting your times & Temps in the SV.
Al

3 hours at lowest setting in smoker or 140F
44 hours in Sous Vide at 140F
Flamethrower if you like a good bark/crust

Only think I would change would be going lighter on my smoke and rub. Texture and juiciness of the meat was absolutely perfect.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky