First cook in the books....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sempersmoke

Original poster
First cook done. Not my best, but not bad either. Chicken thighs and baked beans. Baked beans were awesome. Thighs were just ok. Not as jucy as usual and skin was not as crisp as usual. PID is still learning and overshot a bit at first but it settled in. Definitely need some more cooks to get it seasoned. Pretty happy so far.

Attachments

• 20240604_163638.jpg
    20240604_163638.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240604_180706.jpg
    20240604_180706.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 26
First cook done. Not my best, but not bad either. Chicken thighs and baked beans. Baked beans were awesome. Thighs were just ok. Not as jucy as usual and skin was not as crisp as usual. PID is still learning and overshot a bit at first but it settled in. Definitely need some more cooks to get it seasoned. Pretty happy so far.

Is that the XL 1400? I have one being delivered tomorrow. Also, which Louisiana Grills cabinet you have in the corner? Seems like you & I may have the same equipment.

Reactions: JLeonard
Is that the XL 1400? I have one being delivered tomorrow. Also, which Louisiana Grills cabinet you have in the corner? Seems like you & I may have the same equipment.
Louisana 7 series. Its great when it works...lol. it's throwing error codes again. Probably need a new temp sensor. And yes, it's the XL 1400. Love the space. Really well constructed. I've been wanting a recteq for over a decade. Finally pulled the trigger after the other smoker acted up again.

Louisana 7 series. Its great when it works...lol. it's throwing error codes again. Probably need a new temp sensor. And yes, it's the XL 1400. Love the space. Really well constructed. I've been wanting a recteq for over a decade. Finally pulled the trigger after the other smoker acted up again.
I have barely kept my 7 series alive! It throws a few errors here and there.

Reactions: sempersmoke
Looks like a good first cook on the new unit. You'll have it dialed in before you know it

Jim

Nice cooker and so clean! I've tried so many things trying to get a better skin in my pellet cooker. Best I've found was to dry brine the chicken with salt & cook it hot and fast. Enjoy the new cooker!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky