"fired" up my griddle for the first time this year.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
with today being a really nice day warm. i decided to male some stir fry on my Blackstone griddle.
IMG_6711.jpeg.jpg

the prep full disclosure i bought it pre cut. added dark soy sauce sesame oil and Chinese's five spice.

IMG_6712.jpeg.jpg

just put on griddle
IMG_6713.jpeg.jpg

and finished.

Looks good B

Point for sure
Chris

Tasty looking meal! Always nice when the weather changes and can enjoy more outdoor cooking.

Ryan

I just picked up a small Blackstone griddle 22inch last weekend to do smashburgers. I had been using a lodge griddle on my regular bbq but at most I could get like 3 or 4 burgers, as opposed to something like 9 on the new one.

Wife wasn't as amused as I was..."how many more grills do we need?" was the response, as I have on our small patio, the MES, BroilKing, and Recteq. Once I find a cover that works and a propane adapter I'll move the Blackstone out there lol. Yes, I bought the stand for the blackstone lol.

She wants to replace the tailgator blackstone in our RV with the new one I just got. I said maybe we will just buy another lol. It actually worked well in the wind, something the tailgator suffers with.

Looks good. I've gotta get my griddle a good deep cleaning.....Smashburgers are calling!

Jim

Reactions: tpc74
I just picked up a small Blackstone griddle 22inch last weekend to do smashburgers. I had been using a lodge griddle on my regular bbq but at most I could get like 3 or 4 burgers, as opposed to something like 9 on the new one.

Wife wasn't as amused as I was..."how many more grills do we need?" was the response, as I have on our small patio, the MES, BroilKing, and Recteq. Once I find a cover that works and a propane adapter I'll move the Blackstone out there lol. Yes, I bought the stand for the blackstone lol.

She wants to replace the tailgator blackstone in our RV with the new one I just got. I said maybe we will just buy another lol. It actually worked well in the wind, something the tailgator suffers with.
My wife says she gives up as well... can't have too many smokers (6) and have a 36 " Blackstone and bought the 22" for the camper :emoji_blush:

Reactions: tpc74 and JLeonard

i actually won mine and the stand. i had a smaller one.

Reactions: tpc74
Been thinking about one of those. I griddle my burgers on a cast iron griddle spanning two of the burners on my 6 burner cook-top in the garage. Problem is I dont have a good exhaust fan setup and the grease accumulates a bit on nearby stuff over time. Plus I air condition the garage because I store foodstuffs out there and it keeps the mildew/mold down (It gets dank in the woods of central Virginia in the summer), so I'm not trying to open windows and doors in summer out there..

That 22-3/4" Blackstone unit might fit on the cart/stand I already have on the back deck. How heavy is it? In the African hot heat of Virginia summers I like to set up a cooker, fryer, whatever just outside the garage back door so I can step out and right back in to the AC!

I haven't tried the cast iron griddle plate actually on my grill grates yet though. Seems like heat control could be an issue. I know it is on the side burner. Cant lower the temp enough for a low simmer on the grill burner. A single burner hot plate type range might be OK out back with a cast iron skillet. I'm seldom cooking for more than the wife and I. I need to fix that issue this season!

Been thinking about one of those. I griddle my burgers on a cast iron griddle spanning two of the burners on my 6 burner cook-top in the garage. Problem is I dont have a good exhaust fan setup and the grease accumulates a bit on nearby stuff over time. Plus I air condition the garage because I store foodstuffs out there and it keeps the mildew/mold down (It gets dank in the woods of central Virginia in the summer), so I'm not trying to open windows and doors in summer out there..

That 22-3/4" Blackstone unit might fit on the cart/stand I already have on the back deck. How heavy is it? In the African hot heat of Virginia summers I like to set up a cooker, fryer, whatever just outside the garage back door so I can step out and right back in to the AC!

I haven't tried the cast iron griddle plate actually on my grill grates yet though. Seems like heat control could be an issue. I know it is on the side burner. Cant lower the temp enough for a low simmer on the grill burner. A single burner hot plate type range might be OK out back with a cast iron skillet. I'm seldom cooking for more than the wife and I. I need to fix that issue this season!
I am very familiar with Virginia summers, used to go down there a lot it is quite brutal. I'm not sure how heavy it is my ruff guess is about 15 pounds. it is set up to have those small propane canisters but i bought a hose and set up 5-pound propane tank.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky