Easter at The Den. (2019)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Easter at The Den. (2019)

My kitchen is kinda small & crowded, but we still manage to feed a couple of guests now & then.
This time it was Bear Jr & his wife Bethany who joined us. As for the Kitchen, I designed & built the cabinets about 16 years ago, and I squeezed all I could in the small space allotted for a Kitchen.
Bear Jr had helped me install it & it was the last Kitchen I made while I was in the process of closing my Cabinet Shop.

Anyway, back to the Easter Dinner—"Giant" had a pretty good sale on Prime Rib (choice) and New York Strip Roast (Choice) for $4.67, but only one to customer, so we got one of each.
Since I have had trouble with New York Strip being tough, I quit buying the Steaks, but I buy the occasional Roast when cheap enough. So I decided to try one in my Sous Vide Supreme.
So I prepped it on the day we bought it, and Vac Packed it, so it would be ready on demand.

Easter morning @ 8 AM I put the thawed Roast in my SV @ 131° for a planned Dinner @ 4 PM.
Then at 3:45 I removed, patted dry, and seared the roast in a Pan, with the assistance of my propane torch. Then I sliced the whole thing up in relatively thin slices, so guests could take as little or as much as they want, and I’d still have some nice leftover slices for Sammies for Me & Bear Jr.
Mrs Bear made Green Bean Casserole, Corn, Deviled Eggs, and used the juice from the SV’d Meat for the Gravy.

Then the next morning I had Steak & Eggs, and that Evening I had a NY Strip Steak Sammy with cheese, and a couple leftover Deviled Eggs.

Also: Bear Jr took a couple slices of Steak home with him.

BTW: As usual Smokey got some new toys, so he was a Happy Little Kitty too!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

Not much counter space left:
IMG_3423.jpg

Sous Vide Supreme fits nicely beside the sink:
IMG_3422.jpg

NY Strip Roast @ 3.75 Lbs ready for a bath:
IMG_3434.jpg

Fresh out of SV:
IMG_3436.jpg

Searing:
IMG_3438.jpg

Seared & ready for slicing:
IMG_3439.jpg

All Sliced up:
IMG_3440.jpg

Table for 4:
IMG_3441.jpg

Bear's Easter Dinner:
IMG_3443.jpg

Next Morning Steak & Eggs:
IMG_3453.jpg

Next Night Steak Sammy:
IMG_3449.jpg

With Cheese:
IMG_3451.jpg

Leftover Deviled Eggs:
IMG_3450.jpg

Cheesesteak & Deviled Eggs:
IMG_3452.jpg

Looks Fantastic John, I love the way you use up leftovers, We do the same.
I know you had a great time and I'll bet everyone was stuffed,

Gary

WOW! all looks very good! Jealous...I was flying home easter day and no time for anything like that.

Looks Fantastic John, I love the way you use up leftovers, We do the same.
I know you had a great time and I'll bet everyone was stuffed,

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
It really was a Great Time!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That Easter plate looks pretty good . Nice work on the kitchen .

Thank You Rich!!
Yeah, That kitchen was a PITA:
I had already sold my 37" Drum sander, so I had to sand the frames with my Porter Cable Belt Sander.
And I had Gotten rid of my Spray Room, so we had to spray everything at my Buddies shop.
Got it done, though!

Bear

That's a fine looking Easter meal Bear. Nice Job...

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking Easter Dinner, John. As usual, everybody was fed real well.
Leftovers are some of my favorite meals. We eat a lot of them here.
But......."Leftover Deviled Eggs"??????????? That's something I've never encountered. LOL
POINT
Gary

Thank You Gary!!
That's easy---All you have to do is like Mrs Bear does----Make 24 Deviled Eggs for 4 people!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky