Do u slice up whole brisket even if ur not going to eat it all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
What do u guys do? Only 3 people eating brisket tonight have whole 6.5 pound flat. Thanks!

It really depends on what my plans are, e.g. tacos, chile, another meal of sliced.
Slice, cube, shred or I might leave it untouched if I'm not sure.
If you are freezing for later and have a vacuum sealer, then slices laid out flat, slightly over lapping and then sealed, package up real nice and thaw quickly.

Reactions: motolife313
i don't cut any of the meats. i cut or slice enough for use, whether a day or 3. then cut portions and vacuum seal...seams much more moist.. i do this with pork and beef. and always thaw in fridge

I just slice it all up. No brisket I make lasts more then 3 days anyhow so it doesn't matter.
Also it seems to get better in the fridge over the next few days even sliced!

Enjoy!

I slice it all and vac-seal/freeze (what doesn’t get eaten!). It’s just the two of us, so it’s nice to just break out a few slices to warm up for sandwiches or mashed potatoes and gravy when we don’t feel like “cooking”.

Like most other roasts, I slice what we're going to eat first.
Then after we eat, I slice the rest up & put it in a plastic container with a lid, and into the Fridge.
Then if & when I get tired of eating the same leftovers after 3 days or so, I put the rest in a Vac Bag, and seal it up for the Freezer.

Bear

was asked if i slice up brisket that i have not eaten.. i don't, i put in meal size portions and vac it. if have company thaw two or more...i cant eat three burgers or sandwiches any more.. even for steaks we split into about 1/3 # each...pulled pork li think is much better[especially if kept long time] if left in in portioned vac bags. then can thaw more if have company.. when reheated in oven or on grill ille put finish sauce or beef broth i saved from the roasts ect..

Not going to eat it all?...... LOLROF...... doesn't happen around here. I remember a birthday party where I was asked to help with the brisket.... I never even got a bite!

I slice it all up. When there are leftovers, they don’t usually last beyond 2-3 days. To warm up, I put the slices on plate along with a small cup of water, and then cover with a large bowl. All go in microwave for 45-60sec. Works out pretty well.

I’m with smokey. There’s only two of us so all leftover meat gets sliced, sealed and frozen. I have several different meats ready to go for sandwiches and thicker slices for dinners.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky