Deerburgers Again (With “Burger King Sauce” Clone)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Deerburgers Again (With “Burger King Sauce” Clone)

OK, I finally got to try to get close to the sauce Burger King uses on their Whoppers.
I'm not crazy about Burger King's Burgers or McDonald's Burgers, but I do love their sauce they use on their Whoppers & the Big Mac!!
I got the Recipe from “Jim” smokerjim smokerjim , and gave it a try.
I found it pretty good tasting, but a little on the Mild Side. Read on, and I’ll give you more on that.

Here’s the Recipe Jim gave me:
Burger King Sauce:
Mayo——1/2 Cup
Sour Creme——1/2 Cup
Ketchup——1/4 Cup
Worcestershire——1/2 TBS
Horseradish Powder——1/8 tsp
Minced Onion——1/8 tsp
Cayenne Pepper——1/8 tsp
Best to make the day before use, to let flavors blend.

So at first I followed the above completely, except I left out the onions, because neither of us eat Raw Onions. I also used Miracle Whip instead of Mayo.
And I was out of Cayenne.

I tried this on my first two Deerburgers and it was Tasty, but way too mild, so I thought maybe it was the Lack of Cayenne. So Mrs Bear picked up another bottle of Cayenne, and I added about 1/4 tsp, instead of 1/8 tsp, and it was still too mild.

So Back to the Drawing Board:

The next thing I did was to try a clone to “The Big Mac” “Special Sauce” that I found at numerous places on the Web, so that will be coming soon, from our Local Bear’s Den Testing Laboratory.

Check out the Pics below for more Info.

Bear

All the ingredients for the Sauce is in the bowl:
IMG_3972.jpg

Stirred until Smooth:
IMG_3973.jpg

Burgers ready for trip to the Grill (Cheese in Paper Towel):
IMG_3978.jpg

5 Deerburgers on My Weber "Q":
IMG_3981.jpg

About ready to remove:
IMG_3982.jpg

Sauce on both sides of Roll:
IMG_3984.jpg

Deerburger with Mater, "Friday's" Tater Skins, and a couple of Stackers on the side:
IMG_3986.jpg

Next night Tried one with Fried Onions:
IMG_3995.jpg

This picture's even making Me Hungry!!!
IMG_3996.jpg

Mighty Fine Looking Burgers I "LIKE" it

Gary

That last picture has me drooling, is that two patties making a double whopper or just a lot of fried onions? Looks like a big ass burger!!

Either way, it looks delicious and I’d gladly chow down one of those burgers.

Like!

they look tasty bear, let us know when your lab prefects the sauce, would love to try it. always up for making things better.

they look tasty bear, let us know when your lab prefects the sauce, would love to try it. always up for making things better.

Thank You Jim!!
The flavor is Great, but It seems Mild (Weak) to me.
So does the Big Mac special sauce, I'll be posting soon.
I'm starting to think maybe my taste buds are somewhat burned out.
I know they were completely shot after my Open Heart Fiasco, but they came back after 7 months----Maybe not 100%.???
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those burgers look fantastic Bear. I could chow down on a couple. I didn't realize burger king had a special sauce. I thought that was a Mac Donalds thing. It's been a few years since I've been to the Burger King.

Point for sure
Chris

Mighty Fine Looking Burgers I "LIKE" it

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear, after looking at you deerburgers I will be doing MY CHEESEBURGERS tonight for the dinner. Yes, this going to be your fold when I gain a couple of extra pounds.. :emoji_wink:
The deerburgers look beautiful and mouthwatering. Like!

Thank You Pushok!!
What's a couple pounds among friends?:emoji_wink:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That last picture has me drooling, is that two patties making a double whopper or just a lot of fried onions? Looks like a big ass burger!!

Either way, it looks delicious and I’d gladly chow down one of those burgers.

Like!

Thank You Xray!!
That's just one Patty, and a lot of chopped Onions. I get them already chopped, and I make the whole container, so we don't have to smell the disgusting Raw Onions in the house long. Mrs Bear doesn't eat them, so I gotta use them all up by myself, so there's a lot of them in each burger.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Beautiful burgers, Bear. I will have to try your sauce. Big like!

Thank You Disco.
Actually I think my "Big Mac Special Sauce" Clone came out better (posting very soon), but this one wasn't too bad.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks very tasty. I've tried making the BK and MD sauces before with little luck. This one is pretty different from what I tried. I guess I'll be looking for the dried horseradish powder! Thanks for sharing.

Looks very tasty. I've tried making the BK and MD sauces before with little luck. This one is pretty different from what I tried. I guess I'll be looking for the dried horseradish powder! Thanks for sharing.

Thank You Steve!!
Hold off on that for a few days.
I'll be posting my Big Mac Sauce clone, and it doesn't call for Horseradish Powder or Sour Cream, and it's better than the Whopper sauce. IMHO.
The Big Mac sauce calls for more normal ingredients---In fact it was all stuff we have on hand all the time, and that's unusual, because we don't stock much!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Steve!!
Hold off on that for a few days.
I'll be posting my Big Mac Sauce clone, and it doesn't call for Horseradish Powder or Sour Cream, and it's better than the Whopper sauce. IMHO.
The Big Mac sauce calls for more normal ingredients---In fact it was all stuff we have on hand all the time, and that's unusual, because we don't stock much!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Ok, I can wait.

Those burgers look fantastic Bear. I could chow down on a couple. I didn't realize burger king had a special sauce. I thought that was a Mac Donalds thing. It's been a few years since I've been to the Burger King.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!
They might not have a song about their Special Sauce like McDonald's, but their sauce is close enough to McDonald's, and they've been competing with their sauces for long enough that I figured it should be called a Special sauce too.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky