Daughters First CI Cook!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, my kids help me cook/smoke on a regular basis! For some reason they have both always loved helping me! My daughter (10) asked the other day if we could cook up some of her deer steaks in the CI, then she said "And Dad, I want to cook them." So, she started with some bacon grease, while the CI was warming up she seasoned up the steaks.

image.jpeg

Then she loaded up the skillet.

image.jpeg

Almost done!

image.jpeg

Let em rest for a few minutes & plated up with corn, tater salad & stewed tomatoes.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

She done a great job on these... She didn't need much help from her ol Dad!

Thanks for lookin all!

Awesome!!
Shoot'em, Cook 'em, Eat 'em!! She can do it all !!!:)

Nice Job by the Young Lady & by those who are raising her!!
Like.

Bear

Justin that is fantastic,is that the one she made the rub for also?Another accomplishment Points
Thanks for sharing Buddy
Richie

Super Supper that looks great. I wonder, was the venison from her kill?

You know if she keeps this up, you will be inundated with young suitors before too long. Maybe drag up some wood. Set out a chopping block and an axe, and tell all those young hard charging young men that she really likes wood splits for her smoking. You'll wear 'em down and get some good wood at the same time..... LOL. Think ahead cause its coming!

Awesome!!
Shoot'em, Cook 'em, Eat 'em!! She can do it all !!!:)

Nice Job by the Young Lady & by those who are raising her!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks for the kind words & like Bear, much appreciated! She also said to tell you thanks!

Very nice!
My wife learned to cook as a young girl too, and it sure has paid off!
Congrats to your daughter on a fine cook!
Al

Justin, Sounds like you have some great children and your daughter knows how to cook that vennie to just the right color !

Justin that is fantastic,is that the one she made the rub for also?Another accomplishment Points
Thanks for sharing Buddy
Richie

Thank you my friend, yes it is the rub she made. Appreciate the kind words also... She said thank you for the point!

I'm a little late to the party! Your daughter did an awesome job! Congratulations on making the carousel!

Mike

Woohoo! Ya gotta start'em young and start'em right.
Nice job to your daughter for helping out with a fine meal.

Most kids I know love creating aka cooking in the kitchen if given half a chance.
I know mine do for sure.

Congrats on making the Carousel!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky