Chuckie Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tumbleweed1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Chicago suburbs
Did a pair of chucks yesterday as burnt ends. They finished about an hour apart, which was fine, as one was enough for the two of us & the second one will be on today's & maybe tomorrow's lunch/dinner menu. I marinaded them the night before & used cherry wood, smoking at 250. The sauce was some Big Bob Gibson Championship Red I had made. I also made some spicy chili french fries out of some small, golden potatoes to go with them. We ate VERY good!

Chuck Roast Burnt Ends 1- marinading 1.jpg
Chuck Roast Burnt Ends 2- marinading 2.jpg
Chuck Roast Burnt Ends 3- smoking.jpg
Chuck Roast Burnt Ends 4- done.jpg
Spicy Chili French Fries.jpg

Thank you all, I appreciate the kind words & encouragement. These were definitely better than the lat time I did them (a couple of years ago). I won't be waiting another two years again. I basically just used some Cabela's rub, cut the slits in the meat & gave it a bath in some worcestershire. Simple, but effective.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky