Char-Griller Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I posting this here for people looking for a charcoal grill. I been using a Char-Griller Grill for many years. I have given a half dozen away as gifts over the years. I buy when on sale and store for a gift. Last year a friend was looking for a grill. I offered the new one that been sitting in shed for last few years. He said no and wanted my old one I been using for many years. Only thing wrong was the grates rusted out. I finally said OK. I recently found some Stainless Cooking Grates for it. Wow do they work good. This is a great grill! Charcoal grates go up and down. There is a large upper grate. I usually only use about 1/3 of a chimney for most cooks. I have several grills and smokers and this gets the most use. Only use the Weber Kettle for the vortex. The days of buying it for $99 are gone but still worth it. Get the SS grates and you have a grill that is a pleasure to use and will last for many years. This my cook from today.

The SS grates are: Votenli S6505A (4-Pack) 19 3/4" Stainless Steel Cooking Grid Grates Replacement for Chargriller

20230804_175812.jpg 20230804_175316.jpg

20230804_180035.jpg 20230804_182324.jpg

20230804_182400.jpg 20230804_182433.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Char Griller pro with the side fire box . Loved it . That is one of the best grills for cooking steaks , because you can raise the charcoal grate .
Brian that steak looks perfect . Try that with some red oak burnt down to coals . Fantastic flavor .

You keep singing the praises of that grill and you’re gonna make me want one! That plate of food looks great too!

Jim

Brian, that steak looks fantastic! Big like. BTW, I too have Char Griller but it's portable. I was searching and searching the net to find SS grates but with now success.... Only CI... Any chance you could point me to the right direction?

hmmm....there was a whole row of those for sale at Home Depot when I passed by just a couple of days ago.
I am assuming you are talking about my "inquiry".... If so, I appreciate that. I am going to visit my local HD to check.... I was checking my HD for SS grates occasionally but never was able to find them.... Once again, I am talking about "portable" version of Char Griller....

Reactions: babydocsmoke
I am assuming you are talking about my "inquiry".... If so, I appreciate that. I am going to visit my local HD to check.... I was checking my HD for SS grates occasionally but never was able to find them.... Once again, I am talking about "portable" version of Char Griller....
No I was speaking of the grill itself. But...its getting to that time where all the fun toys go on sale. So keep looking!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky