Boos Blocks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

3montes

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 26, 2007
Beautifull shores of Lake Superior
I need a new carving board. They type with the pyramid cut in the center for holding large roasts, turkeys etc. when carving. I had a very nice one but I misplaced it 2 years ago and haven't replaced it yet. They aren't easy to find. Boos makes them and their cheapest one is $175!! Yikes! Snow River makes one that is under $30. I'm a believer in you get what you pay for and I really miss my nice carving board. I have several cooks coming up where I'm going to need one a prime rib for a groomsmen dinner where I'm doing 3 8lb roasts and a turkey cook also coming up. 

I just have a hard time spending that kind of money on a carving board but I'm finding it hard to resist. Anyone here have a Boos Block? Are they worth the money?

Here is the link to the one I'm looking at.

I need a new carving board. They type with the pyramid cut in the center for holding large roasts, turkeys etc. when carving. I had a very nice one but I misplaced it 2 years ago and haven't replaced it yet. They aren't easy to find. Boos makes them and their cheapest one is $175!! Yikes! Snow River makes one that is under $30. I'm a believer in you get what you pay for and I really miss my nice carving board. I have several cooks coming up where I'm going to need one a prime rib for a groomsmen dinner where I'm doing 3 8lb roasts and a turkey cook also coming up. 
I just have a hard time spending that kind of money on a carving board but I'm finding it hard to resist. Anyone here have a Boos Block? Are they worth the money?

Here is the link to the one I'm looking at.
https://smile.amazon.com/John-Boos-Carving-Collection-Reversible/dp/B0051HEYYK/ref=pd_sbs_79_24?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MAR9BWKCYZN4RV2BVEQK

We bought there block for counters,we don't use knifes on them but they have been solid for the last 6 years if it's any help.

Thanks b-one! I'm pretty confident in the quality of the Boos product I just haven't convinced myself that they are not over priced and I am paying 50% too much just to have Boos Blocks stamped on the side!

When we bought ours we didn't pay extra for there advertising it was extra and I passed they also sent one of the pieces the wrong width and I refused to cut it and got it free. Best of luck with your decision. Do it:devil:

I have a Boos and its awesome. That being said there is a Hard wood store here that specializes in really nice different types of hard woods. They also have a variety of butcher blocks. They still need to be sealed and all but you can get almost all that you need. Might want to see if there is one near you.

I've had a Boos for years. We use it daily.

This is the one I have.

Don't waste your money on Boos oil or cutting board oil.

Just use food grade mineral oil. It's in the laxative dept. at Walmart.

Keep it oiled & it will last a lifetime.

Al

Last edited:
Just thought I'd update. Decided to go with this Boos Board.

Decided against the pyramid cut design. Just couldn't justify the extra cost. I think this one will work out fine.

With the money I saved I'm going to look for a nice fancy looking serving board.
sausage.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky