Been craving food so I'm cooking a smoker full *pics added*

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raymo76

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Loading the Lang 36 up with 20 pounds of pork butts, which is already cooking, going to add a package of probably 20 chicken legs, and then 4 medium sized tri-tips. Gotta have enough food to last till my next cook!

Last edited:
Wow! When you get it full, show us a Qview of a Stuffed Smoker!  Langin' it to the max!

th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Glad to see you post up. Really looking forward to seeing your results.

That sure sounds like a lot of meat!

Can't wait for your QView.

WC

A full smoker is a happy smoker...and a freezer full of smoked meats is even better!

Somebody slide over a bit, please...I need a seat, too...
popcorn.gif

Eric

The package of chicken legs ended up being 14 total. I'm going to prep the tri-tip in about an hour. Trying to catch the Browns game while doing this. The butts avg. out to 10 lbs each. So here's the first pic with the pork having about 3 hours on and I just threw in the chicken, I took off the skin because my guests coming over aren't big fans of skin, I seasoned it with Weber's Kick'n Chick'n seasoning.

Looking good! Can't wait to see the tri-tip fill up that empty space in the middle!

Sorry guys I got so involved with my guests that I didn't get around to taking any pics of the finished product. If I can remember I'll snap a pic of the left overs, I know not the same but we'll see. Food was delicious though. Butts took longer than I had planned, the tri-tip was good but not my usual, first time doing it on my Lang. I used to do my tri-tip with a more "direct" indirect fire, if that makes any sense to you guys. Kind of like using a Weber Kettle instead of my reverse flow. The smoke flavor imparted on the chicken was awesome but I couldn't remember how much 'kick' the Kick'n Chick'n seasoning had, so it came out a bit on the spicy side. All in all I was please with the food although I have yet to eat my pulled pork sandwich I have been craving. I even fixed up a batch of SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce for the first time, so I'm excited to try it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky