Beef Onion Smash Sliders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I was playing around with my new food processor and shredded up an onion earlier and was hungry for some sliders. I took a little 73% beef and rounded them into balls and added a little SPG on them.

I placed some butter into a pan and when warmed up I placed two of them into it then piled on the onions.

2024_sliders_001.jpg

After a few seconds I smashed them down and let them cook. When ready I flipped them over and smashed them again and let them finish.

2024_sliders_002.jpg

While that was going on I placed a couple of slider buns in the toaster to toast them up. I made six to start which did not use much of the burger at all.

2024_sliders_003.jpg

What took them over the top was to add Jack Daniels Old #7 Honey BBQ sauce and Famous Dave's Spicy garlic pickle slices to each. I melted pepper jack cheese on each patty in the microwave for 30 seconds to top it off.

2024_sliders_004.jpg

Luckily I have a lot of burger meat left so I can make many more. So good, So good.

I made some more tonight. I got a total of 19 sliders out of 2.25Lb of burger. I did onions up and onions down and they didn't really make a difference. It might be because I smashed once on each side so it cooked them pretty even.

2024_sliders_005.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky