Beef Onion Smash Sliders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I was playing around with my new food processor and shredded up an onion earlier and was hungry for some sliders. I took a little 73% beef and rounded them into balls and added a little SPG on them.

I placed some butter into a pan and when warmed up I placed two of them into it then piled on the onions.

2024_sliders_001.jpg

After a few seconds I smashed them down and let them cook. When ready I flipped them over and smashed them again and let them finish.

2024_sliders_002.jpg

While that was going on I placed a couple of slider buns in the toaster to toast them up. I made six to start which did not use much of the burger at all.

2024_sliders_003.jpg

What took them over the top was to add Jack Daniels Old #7 Honey BBQ sauce and Famous Dave's Spicy garlic pickle slices to each. I melted pepper jack cheese on each patty in the microwave for 30 seconds to top it off.

2024_sliders_004.jpg

Luckily I have a lot of burger meat left so I can make many more. So good, So good.

I made some more tonight. I got a total of 19 sliders out of 2.25Lb of burger. I did onions up and onions down and they didn't really make a difference. It might be because I smashed once on each side so it cooked them pretty even.

2024_sliders_005.jpg

Nice! I love a good burger. I learned something the other day on YouTube. I tried it and it works. After you slice up your onions, place them in a bowl and toss them in a little salt and let them sit while your pan is heating up. you will notice a lot of onion juice in the bottom of the bowl…. Squeeze as much of the juice out as you can before placing the onions on top of the burger to smash. The onions will now crisp up when fried and also it will cut down on the liquid in the pan so the burger can crust up instead of steam. Don’t worry if your onions appear dry , the burger juice will rehydrate the onions during cooking. 😛

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky