Anyone use the masterbuilt 560??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So, even though I suspected what the outcome would be, I reached out to Masterbuilt to see what they had to say.

"Thank you for contacting Masterbuilt Customer Support. It is normal for the paint to peel, a recommendation would be to spray with olive oil after each use and cleaning for prevent rust. Thanks"

Pretty much the exact answer I expected. While I understand the paint can peel, on a $500 grill I would have at least expected the paint to last longer than 3 uses. I'll just keep it clean and do what I can to prevent rust.

Certainly going to look into that firebox mod shown in the video above though. Then, back to cooking, going to cook the 2nd half of the brisket this weekend and maybe try some ribs.

So, even though I suspected what the outcome would be, I reached out to Masterbuilt to see what they had to say.

"Thank you for contacting Masterbuilt Customer Support. It is normal for the paint to peel, a recommendation would be to spray with olive oil after each use and cleaning for prevent rust. Thanks"

Pretty much the exact answer I expected. While I understand the paint can peel, on a $500 grill I would have at least expected the paint to last longer than 3 uses. I'll just keep it clean and do what I can to prevent rust.

Certainly going to look into that firebox mod shown in the video above though. Then, back to cooking, going to cook the 2nd half of the brisket this weekend and maybe try some ribs.
I ordered the sleeve today I'll use until it arrives I can't believe some have burnt through the panels in six cooks

Reactions: Will Squared
For those without Facebook, does the guy have any other way to purchase one? I'd like to get an insert for mine before it starts to burn through (another sign of poor longevity with this grill unfortunately).

Reactions: Will Squared
I hope we can claim warranty about burn metal wall also my paint look not so good after 3 cooks .
Alex

I hope we can claim warranty about burn metal wall also my paint look not so good after 3 cooks .
Alex

Not happening, they'll just tell you it's normal.

Yeah I can't either I have had mine for months but /shrug. This happens every couple weeks. It will blow over and the people that own and like their MB 560 will keep posting and the others will fade away.

I'm very happy with mine and hope to use it for many years, just a little disappointed in some of the quality issues I'm discovering.

I can't wait to try cooking all sorts of things on there, love the temperature control of it and how easy it is to use overall.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky