"and then depression set in"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
well its an awfully hard week here in Miami

My son has graduated High School and I took him to college this last weekend

dont get me wrong, I'm happy he is progressing and moving forward with his life but..  i am now left alone in the house, my daughter has graduted college and is out in the real world with a job so she is gone too, although she comes home every other week but i digress.

I now am looking at football season and none of the "crew" will be around stopping by to eat my smokes and hang out, just my buddies .

it was always fun waking up on a saturday morning finding 10 to 15 kids here that were not here the night before,  I always made em a nice breakfast to clear the nights activities away, during football saturdays they would all ahng out to watch certain games, eat and then go out 

Oh well I guess im looking forward to thanksgiving and christmas when they will all be back in town.

At least i got my dog still!

0e703db0_089.jpg

i guess i'm looking at another 15 to 20 lbs cause you gotta fill up the smoker if you fire it up, right?

We know the feeling. Had all the kids go off on their life adventures then the oldest grandaughter moved in and we had a great time with her. Then she got married and moved to Colorado.

Hey Rick with your talents you could easily teach a 4H cooking class like we do and it helps keep the kids around. Let me know if you would be interested and I will do my best to help

I know what you mean. My daughter, who is a senior in college, left two weeks ago and tomorrow, I take my son four hours away.
th_crybaby2.gif

I still have my wife and two goldens.  Who's going to take out the garbage and split wood?  No, I'm really going to miss him.  He's a great kid.

37a66e6d_IMG_2845.jpg

Ah, the empty nest syndrome!

Don't worry Rick.  You will still get lots of calls when their money runs out.  LOLOL

Good luck and good smoking.

Rick,

You still got all of US !!!

And that hound will never let you down!!  

She'll be doing all of her crazy antics for you!!!

Now it will be easier to do Qview & BearView, without everybody eating it before you take aim!!!

Bear

Rick, I feel you buddy, my two oldest are back in college, Culinary Schools, and work restaurants on the weekends. The only kid home is my 15 yearold and like her Mother HATES to cook! I miss the help. I could sit and smoke and the Girls made the Sauce and Sides.

If you get desperate I believe that Bulldog could put away 8-10Lbs of left over PP for you!...JJ

I waiting for mine to leave and take care of himself on his own......... When he does I'll probably feel the same way........ will be time to get a dog...........

Joe

I got down to the last one in the house ( last of four), then,,,,,,,, One brought me a Grand Baby and left it with me. So I got another 15 or so more years again,,,,lol

Rick, mornin'.......Sounds like it's time to reflect on the great job you have done raising your children......
2thumbs.gif
......Great kids heading into society..........

Maybe one of them will be president someday...
biggrin.gif
.....or at least win the KCBS Grand Champion Award.....
biggrin.gif
.....either would be a great accomplishment.....

Wanna Swap the Dog for My 7 and 5 year Old Kids?

C'mon....Fair Trade!

I'll even throw in food

Please?

Todd

Your're gonna be fine....might even enjoy it. Hell, they could 'boomerang' back in a few years just when you're getting your groove back. Load up that smoker with a buncha grub, vac seal it, throw it in a box with a chunk of dry ice and send it to him keeping him away from that famous college top ramen diet....

no offence with the kids Todd but is that an even trade?  you would need to throw in a lifetime supply of dust and pellets to make it interesting!,

Wanna Swap the Dog for My 7 and 5 year Old Kids?

C'mon....Fair Trade!

I'll even throw in food

Please?

Todd

Don't start the party oops I mean depression yet Rick they may come back for more.  If not you can be sure it won't be too many more years and they'll be bringing the Grand Kids by to visit and maybe stay awhile when mommy and daddy need a babysitter. One of the real nice things about the Grand Kids is that you can spoil them feed them sugar getting them all hyper and then send them home. You can also buy them all those really annoying toys and make sure they take them home with them. So just use this time to plan for what kind of fun your gonna have it may take a couple years but it'll happen
biggrin.gif

I'll be there eventually, been looking at colleges last few weeks, been a grump and the wife says its because I am having trouble dealing with it...who knows.

Amanda Senior in HS

Samantha Freshman in HS

Stephen 5th grade, he was our April fools baby, docs said wife probably couldn't have any more children, the first 2 were through a fertility doc.GUESS WHAT!

So I started printing pics out of everyone from the "Show Yourself" thread and pinning them all over the basement so I wont feel alone, Just Kidd'n..I'm goofy but not that goofy!

I'm sort of looking forward to the day I can spend some time with my lovely wife, I can count on one hand how many times just the 2 of us had gone out and its only been recently..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky