A Brisket Weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well it was a huge hit. 8 hr rest , juices flowing and easy cutting!
20240622_170129.jpg
20240622_171110.jpg
Had the perfect bend and pull-apart tenderness.
The pork steaks were gone as soon as we open the gate lol.
20240622_171207.jpg
Glazed with local veteran owned sauce mixed with a little apple. Provided nice color and flavors.

No plate shots but had baked beans, corn on the cob, Mac n cheese and a smoked peach dump cake. The recipe is floating around here somewhere 😆.

Nothing like spending family time over a nice meal.

Thanks for looking!
Keith

Heck yeah, looks like a home run on the brisket. Nice work 👍
Thanks J I was pleased with the outcome and some is heading back to ATL with my daughter, SIL and new granddaughter. She'll make her debut in Oct.

Keith

Reactions: JLinza
It all Looks Awesome to me Keith! I have to hunt down some pork steaks. Something I have never done.

Reactions: 912smoker
I have a love/hate relationship with Saran wrap. Seems like a need 3 hands and an assistant to to un-cling it before applying 😆

Keith
Same here man!
That brisky and steaks look great! We'll cut ya some slack on the plated shot since you had hungry folks waiting on some good eating!
It all Looks Awesome to me Keith! I have to hunt down some pork steaks. Something I have never done.
Pork butt and have the butcher cut it down to steaks for you. Run it just like a butt.

Jim

That meal looks delicious! And an early congrats on the upcoming new arrival!

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
The brisket was very good but I think the kids enjoyed the pork steaks just as much. I get the meat dept to cut a butt into 1 to 11/4 steaks. Thanks for looking!

Keith

Reactions: Redicans
Same here man!
That brisky and steaks look great! We'll cut ya some slack on the plated shot since you had hungry folks waiting on some good eating!

Pork butt and have the butcher cut it down to steaks for you. Run it just like a butt.

Jim
Jim it didn't take but 1 ring of the dinner bell and they were all in line😆.
Also smoked 2 bars of cream cheese (a family favorite) and they were barely touched.
We do pork steaks regularly and we're the best in a while. Took them to very probe tender 195-200 and they melt in your mouth.

Keith

That meal looks delicious! And an early congrats on the upcoming new arrival!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan it was great having them home and enjoying a meal. Oldest son brought a waterslide/bounce house for the grands so they stayed very occupied.
His 5 week on boy has had a cough so his wife missed out but got some goodies sent home.
Oldest daughter and SIL are due with their 1st in Oct.....2 days after our annual and highly anticipated KCBS cookoff. Looks like we'll miss this one and be in ATL suburb on standby 😁.

And continuing to pray for strength and comfort for your family!

Keith

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Yes just run you hand over them when you prepare to cook and check for any bone shards.

Keith

Reactions: JLeonard
That looks great Keith! I smoked 2 briskets this weekend too. One for my new great nephew and always one for us :)

Love this beautiful smoke rings and I would have love to of tried one of those pork steaks. YUM!

Well it was a huge hit. 8 hr rest , juices flowing and easy cutting!
View attachment 699321
View attachment 699322
Had the perfect bend and pull-apart tenderness.
The pork steaks were gone as soon as we open the gate lol.
View attachment 699323
Glazed with local veteran owned sauce mixed with a little apple. Provided nice color and flavors.

No plate shots but had baked beans, corn on the cob, Mac n cheese and a smoked peach dump cake. The recipe is floating around here somewhere 😆.

Nothing like spending family time over a nice meal.

Thanks for looking!
Keith
Wow man that looks great! I'm glad everyone got to really enjoy it all. I'm quite sure there will be brisket sales again this week in TX but not sure if Kroger will be doing them and if so not sure they will be doing a digital coupon deal on them. I'll definitely post if there is a kroger coupon deal for them :D

As others have mentioned, get you a pork butt and have the butcher slice it up for OR what I do is just take it home, remove the bone and then cut my own pork steaks.

Yeah some will have a chunk missing where the bone was removed BUT that's no big deal, they grill up the same way bone or not hahaha.

Any cuts that are really gnarly or scrappy just get cut into chunks and turned into a stir fry or a Mexican skillet braised/stewed dish called a guisado. Pork butt is like the most flexible cut of meat out there :D

That looks great Keith! I smoked 2 briskets this weekend too. One for my new great nephew and always one for us :)

Love this beautiful smoke rings and I would have love to of tried one of those pork steaks. YUM!
Thanks Tex and remember pics or it didn't happen 😆.
Yeah I think I'll do two next time. Already have a fire, have room and would love to have one just for us.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky