18 Hour Smoked Pork Shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ummm. Pulled pork.

I smoked a 9 pound shoulder for 18 hours at 250F with oak pellets on the Yoder. First I injected it with as much Dr. Pepper as I could get it to retain, then I seasoned it heavily with Meat Church's "Honey Hog". Every so often I basted it with apple cider to keep it moist.

Once done I let it rest in a cooler for an hour, then split it into thirds - I gave a third of it to a few friends that we haven't been able to hang out
with because of the quarantine.

Man, was it tender .... it just "smooshed" when I went to shred it! It was delicious.
View attachment 442405View attachment 442406View attachment 442407View attachment 442408View attachment 442409View attachment 442410View attachment 442411
Man that barks looks great! I am looking to try out meat church rub looking at the gospel all purpose BBQ rub to start, do you what the difference between the gospel and the holy gospel is in their rubs?

Reactions: bacon_crazy510
Ummm. Pulled pork.

I smoked a 9 pound shoulder for 18 hours at 250F with oak pellets on the Yoder. First I injected it with as much Dr. Pepper as I could get it to retain, then I seasoned it heavily with Meat Church's "Honey Hog". Every so often I basted it with apple cider to keep it moist.

Once done I let it rest in a cooler for an hour, then split it into thirds - I gave a third of it to a few friends that we haven't been able to hang out
with because of the quarantine.

Man, was it tender .... it just "smooshed" when I went to shred it! It was delicious.
View attachment 442405View attachment 442406View attachment 442407View attachment 442408View attachment 442409View attachment 442410View attachment 442411
Looks absolutely amazing!

Reactions: bacon_crazy510
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky