Your Opinion is Needed!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I grabbed a GMG Danielle Boon since they extended the sale and I found a dealer with fresh inventory, for the money I don't see a better value anywhere that's even remotely close in price.

Heat regulation is as good or better than the Cookshack unit's I have owned in the past, overall build and construction is excellent and it has made some tasty chicken and ribs so far.

The stainless heat deflector and one piece grease tray are heavy duty and well built, and I was surprised at the low cost of replacement parts for future needs.

The dual fan design is a hoot, especially the firepot fan underneath the burner when it runs in variable speed mode it sounds like a mini locomotive puffing away under the grill but that darn thing fine tunes the heat far better than any other pellet cooker I have used in the past.
I did a pork shoulder over the weekend. 14.5 hours. 40 degree weather and winds were about 20-25 mph, and it held between 7 degrees all day. I can handle that

I did a pork shoulder over the weekend. 14.5 hours. 40 degree weather and winds were about 20-25 mph, and it held between 7 degrees all day. I can handle that
That's impressive with that much wind, I had to make an adjustment on the heat diverter and move it over to the right after the first cook to get temps to balance out but in calm weather it's dead on for maintaining set temp and the inside temps end to end only fluctuate 5* +/- side to side.

That's impressive with that much wind, I had to make an adjustment on the heat diverter and move it over to the right after the first cook to get temps to balance out but in calm weather it's dead on for maintaining set temp and the inside temps end to end only fluctuate 5* +/- side to side.
You’re telling me. I moved my truck to try and help block the wind but it wasn’t doing much help as my garage faces north and the wind was coming in from the WNW. I had to move the diverted to the left about 1/8 inch to help it
When there is no wind it’s dead on so far. I’ve only had it two weeks

Good Morning!

I am planning to upgrade (if my wife let's me) from my MES 30 to a pellet smoker such as the Davy Crockett, Pit Boss, or a Traeger. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at reviews, but would prefer your opinions because of the knowledge I have already gained from this forum. Thank you all!

I have had a Traeger Pro 22 for over 2 years now and would NOT trade it for anything else. If it's cold where you are get the blanket, expensive but WELL worth it. Have smoked ribs (lots), pulled pork, brisket, and tri tip, whole chickens, chicken wings and grilled just about anything you can think of. Follow the start up directions, keep it clean (ash) and you should have no trouble at all.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky